Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: Loved The G Pro, But Returned It After 3 Days (This Is A long Post)

The GUI that Google directly copied?

Quote Originally Posted by rbloedow View Post
    Meh - I could never go back to an iPhone. Every time I use one now, I can't help but think about how much of a joke the GUI is - it almost feels like a device made for children.

I don't know how you view files on a mac, but I would have just connected my SD card directly to my computer's card reader and transferred the files as if I was using a USB drive. But then again, I use Google's Play service for all of my music. It's great - no syncing, no ever having to deal with the headache that is iTunes. I just download my music to the same folder on my computer and everything automatically shows up in Google Play.
    iPhone 5s-Verizon
    Moto X Verizon
    Nexus 7 2013
    Nexus 10
    iPad Air-Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by snookasnoo View Post
    Especially since Android was obviously copied from iOS after the iPhone was introduced.
    You do realize that early Android versions more resembled BlackBerry, right?

Android development began before the iPhone was even introduced.

If you really want to point fingers, Apple actually copied from Microsoft, as they already had existing touch screen phones, with icons, and mail, and web. Apple simply took that and refined it.

(And here's a source, also: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2011/10...er-the-iphone/ )

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1
    slik6996 likes this.

i also have an iphone 5, htc one, lg nexus 4, nokia 920, and now new to the collection the lg Optimus g pro and i can tell you it definitely takes more than a day or two to get use to all of this phone you should always give a device a week you get 14 days at a minimum to return it by then i think you would have remedied most of your issues. Sorry to see you give up so soon. oh i am a phonejunkie which is why i have so many i usually sell them but the ones i keep are my favs.

Quote Originally Posted by blair.harrington View Post
    You can't save Google Music directly onto an SD card without rooting.
    Why not put the music on the SD card first? That's what i did when i moved my iTunes Library over to my first android device. You can also use ES File Explorer to move folders between the internal HD and MicroSD card. Google Play Music will still find it. NO ROOT required.

This is why Android is easier, drag and drop versus syncing or going into applications menu and using an app to transfer data( like a movie) is more reliable IMO. And the Data transfer speed being slow is also affected by the type of Micro SD card you have, not just the device.

At least you tried

No phone is perfect. You just have to pick the features most important to you and weigh them against things you may not like but are willing to live with. I'm pretty satisfied with the OGP so far. Glad I chose it.
    A large screen makes old eyes happy.
    jdk2 likes this.

Global Posts
    861 Global Posts

I like your signature. Pretty soon, I'll need to carry a billboard

I too switch from iOS to Android and back again often and understand some of the frustrations that the OP is experiencing. However, to go over to Android and have a good experience, you have to somewhat apt Google's philosophy as well. I have a 16GB Nexus 4 with no removable or expandable storage and I get along better than fine. I have Google All Access music which I love and means that I don't have to worry about music being stored, transferred, or synced ever. I use the cloud for everything. The only thing that I really have to devote attention to is data management.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mayconvert View Post
    I am getting this phone in the morning, moving over from iPhone 5. This will be my first android device, so I plan to give it a full 13 days before I would return it.
    I am hoping I like it enough to not want to return it. I know it will be a learning curve and a Big change.
    I agree the email on android sucks compared to iPhone's native mail client.
    I have added all my music in iTunes to Google Play. I think I can stream it or maybe even download it to the device since its already there.

I am torn between the top 3 of android right now. LG Pro, S4 and HTC one. I love the LG display so I thought I would give it a shot. Screen is great on HTC one as well but its in 3rd place because I am switching because I want a bigger screen. Tired of 4" tall. HTC is 4.7 but has on screen black bar that takes up .5" of the screen....
    Hope I am not making a bad choice. It looks like a great phone to me. Something keeps nagging at me to go S4. but I really don't care for the display. everything else is perfect....
    I have personally owned all 3, and for my money the LG is the best one. Longest battery, best looking screen, and the fastest. The S4 takes better pictures at times, and the One has best sound, but I use a headset, car, or Jambox. Go LG, use it for a week and really go through all the stuff, you will be very happy.

you can download it right to the phone, then using the stock medi file manager you can move it to SD card. But unless you have wifi available to do that, it could be a data hog, but you only have to do it once.

I phones suck tried the iPhone 5 returned it with a quickness. Loving my lg pro.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12