- 16 Posts
Arg - LG Phones are not compatible with Square credit card readers
So, I volunteer at a private organization and just found out one big bummer with the Optimus G pro - the Square credit card reader does not work with this phone!
It turns out that almost all LG phones are not - I wonder why they are not using a traditional headphone jack setup compared to all of the major manufacturers? Anyone know the differences? This kind of shuts out many small/independent business people who rely on these credit card readers to perform transactions :/
I can manually enter sales, but that causes our rate to go from 2.7% to 3.5% + $.15 for every transaction (processing companies charge more for manually input transactions due to the higher risk associated with these types of sales).
- 05-14-2013, 12:31 PM #2
- 05-14-2013, 01:51 PM #3
- 05-15-2013, 06:22 PM #4
- 05-16-2013, 05:37 PM #5
- 08-23-2013, 07:42 PM #6
- 08-23-2013, 07:51 PM #7
- 10-20-2013, 10:45 PM #8
- 01-31-2014, 10:30 AM #9
Re: Arg - LG Phones are not compatible with Square credit card readers
(So I'm told) if your reader has black stripes on the input jack, it's a problem with many phones... Contact Paypal and ask them to send one with white stripes. (Not sure what's different about it, other than the color - I assume the order of the wiring or some attenuation or something.) Anyway - they have designed a new reader for those "problem" phones.
- By Muleymark in forum Droid RAZR MReplies: 1Last Post: 05-08-2013, 06:54 PM
- By TBolt2011 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 9Last Post: 06-11-2012, 04:27 PM
- By kcerica in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 03-16-2012, 05:37 PM
- By mikebob in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 7Last Post: 04-06-2011, 07:12 PM
- By Smokexz in forum T-Mobile Nexus SReplies: 0Last Post: 12-18-2010, 10:51 PM