1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery life

I gotta say that battery life on this thing is amazing...

Sent from my LG-E980 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1368707300985.jpg  

Global Posts
    2,732 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Default Re: Battery life

Wow............
    Currently sitting WITHOUT phone envy...

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I changed my (2) exchange accounts to pull mail every hour instead of push to save on battery life.

battery life on my ogp sucks..i got maybe 10 hours out of it with screen on 50% to 70%..obviously if i left the screen on 20% i would get more but the screen is too dark. my note 2 with the same screen setting got over 18 hours easy.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Screen time?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Screen time was at 52%.. I'm not a heavy user... Just basic use here and there....

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by nelonez View Post
    Screen time was at 52%.. I'm not a heavy user... Just basic use here and there....

No, not screen percentage. Screen time. As in how long the screen was on.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by return_0 View Post
    No, not screen percentage. Screen time. As in how long the screen was on.

Ohhh... Sorry... I didn't check that

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by nelonez View Post
    Ohhh... Sorry... I didn't check that

Next time, you can tap the screen percentage to check.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by return_0 View Post
    Next time, you can tap the screen percentage to check.

Thanks.... Never knew that....

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

I just started using my LG Optimus G Pro and I am coming from the Note II that had a beast of a battery! In my one day of using the LG Optimus G Pro the battery did not last me as long as my Note II did, I will need to use the Optimus G Pro for about a week before I can give my final verdict. I've a feeling that the 1080p screen on the Optimus G Pro will affect the battery life because whenever I check to see the top battery consumers on my phone the screen is usually at the top with about 70% or more consumption rate even though I have my screen brightness set to 60% Auto-brightness.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I have my exchange accounts set to check every 30 minutes during peak and 2 hours off peak. Gmail does what it does and I don't have my twitter feed set up and i'm not a FB user on my mobile so perhaps that is why my battery use is better. I do say though when you are on the web browser is does draw down quicker than it should IMO and I have great signal.

I also found the face recognition setting kills battery life. This is the option to keep the screen going when it thinks you are looking at the screen. I turned it off and battery life got better. I am still tweaking things to find the right combo of options.

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Im getting pretty good screen time. I have it set to 75% brightness and autobrightness with Quad Core Control turned on. Syncing 1 gmail account, lots of youtube and web browsing, i get 5 hrs of screen time per charge. Use to barely get 3-3.5 hrs on my Gnex. Galaxy S4 gave me 4 hrs. Given the bigger screen on the OGP, im very impressed

Battery life is so so for a stock rom. Not quite on par with what my gn2 had.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

@smooth3006, I agree with you, coming from a Note II I the LG Optimus G Pro battery is not on par with the Note II. Hopefully a software update will address this, i think the biggest battery drainer on the OG Pro is the screen & a software patch from LG/at&t to optimize the OS should address this

I disagree with the claims on battery, the battery performance will be dependent on the screen brightness and the network radio. I had the GN2 and the battery performance was good for such device, however I set the display above 70% and not on auto my battery would really started falling around mid afternoon. Since day one I always had extra batteries. When I traveled I usually kept my screen on auto and I could be a whole day without worrying. The OGP behaves in a similar manner I have not seen anything that I would consider different on battery performance between devices

One thing I have noticed people complaining about battery is that they do all of the steps with screen display in auto and other things and they complain about battery performance, however they also complained about working in places with network signal is not that great, that alone will strain the battery as the phone is always trying to lock on the signal and this is big power consumer

It has to be the screen. I run the device on WiFi while at home or at the office, and it literally took 3 hours to go from 100% battery to 99%, just turning the screen on to check notifications periodically. I find that absolutely amazing, but of course it's going to be very different when I start doing sceen-intensive things.