AT&T 4G LTE speeds vs Verizon - Who really is faster

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I have tested out my OG Pro on AT&T 4G LTE (not their HSPA+) and I got 16.9Mbps down 10.2Mbps up, the best I could ever get with Verizon in the same location (my office) was about 5Mbps down and maybe 1.2-2Mbps up. Really Verizon you have the fastest LTE . . . I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so I have tested out my OG Pro on AT&T 4G LTE (not their HSPA+) and I got 16.9Mbps down 10.2Mbps up, the best I could ever get with Verizon in the same location (my office) was about 5Mbps down and maybe 1.2-2Mbps up. Really Verizon you have the fastest LTE . . . I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I routinely get anywhere from 15-20Mbps download speeds on Verizon LTE.

When it was first available, my speed test results would come close to 50Mbps, but I haven't come any where close to that in a long time.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Your lucky, my market never gets better than 5-6Mbps MiFi, Tablet, Smartphone doesn't matter. With ATT I am getting triple Verizon's output and that is just sweet.

Each3

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey I'm surprised you got the LG Optimus G Pro since the last time I saw you on the Galaxy S4 board with that phone

I'm just surprised since I was on the same boat as you and I ended up getting the S4

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I had it and just felt it was too small for my daily needs. I was really trying to limit myself to 1 device and not have a tablet with me. I will have the OG Pro until the GN3 comes along and then will review that option and see if its worth getting, but will be paying retail for that one. Part sale of the OG Pro and part cash out of pocket. If the GN3 delivers on the rumors of big.Little Octo processor and internal storage and RAM plus 5.99" screen it might just be the book for my pocket :) besides I never really keep a phone long enough to get it dirty. Although I have a bet with a co-worker I will keep my current phone for 4 months, $100 on the table if I can but it shouldn't be too hard since the GN3 isn't due until November :)

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Technically vzw does have the largest lte network which they do. Att says they have the fastest lte which they do(I've seen 50+mb) T-Mobile says they have the largest 4g network (hspa+).

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Each3

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I had it and just felt it was too small for my daily needs. I was really trying to limit myself to 1 device and not have a tablet with me. I will have the OG Pro until the GN3 comes along and then will review that option and see if its worth getting, but will be paying retail for that one. Part sale of the OG Pro and part cash out of pocket. If the GN3 delivers on the rumors of big.Little Octo processor and internal storage and RAM plus 5.99" screen it might just be the book for my pocket :) besides I never really keep a phone long enough to get it dirty. Although I have a bet with a co-worker I will keep my current phone for 4 months, $100 on the table if I can but it shouldn't be too hard since the GN3 isn't due until November :)

Ah alright I just wanted to know your opinion for the switch. I'm trying out the Galaxy S4 right now and I have to admit I'm loving it coming from Galaxy Nexus

Posted via Android Central App

chrisngrod

Sep 5, 2010
www.mycricketforum.com
uploadfromtaptalk1368760409122.jpg

In one of the videos I show that the tower is about 100 yards away lol.

3 weeks old and these are her phones. Hate to say but we love the One and enjoy the G Pro.

6emy9agy.jpg

(taken with G Pro)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ah alright I just wanted to know your opinion for the switch. I'm trying out the Galaxy S4 right now and I have to admit I'm loving it coming from Galaxy Nexus

Posted via Android Central App

I have to say I if you want to compare the GN2 to the OG Pro then the OG Pro wins based on processor, screen, internal storage, fluid device performance. Comparing it to the S4 is a bit more subjective since they are really targeted towards different user groups and perhaps that's why I chose to return mine. I wanted a phablet device for they types of consumption I do. Web, email, video, games, etc. I truly feel LG has a great device going and IF they want to grow and take on Samsung they need to show the users they do in fact support OS updates and insure the carriers will as well. The OG did go from ICS to JB in 4 months and if they can deliver a 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 update on the OG Pro in 4 months then I will be impressed (they should be able to).

Now I am looking forward to the GN3 more because I always look forward to the latest technology available. I welcome the challenge Samsung has before them to top the OG Pro, in processor, screen, storage, RAM, OS. Just matching them isn't enough you have to out do them. I have only had my phone a few days but that's me, great phone, but I always look towards the next one while I am using my current one :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have seen 68mbps from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II. However, Att does have the fastest 4GLTE(18.6 vs 14.3 on Verizon) , but Verizon network is much larger. Verizon also offers unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE. Att throttles.

" AT&T outshines Verizon in 4G LTE speed tests
by Lance Whitney March 12, 2013

AT&T may not have the largest 4G LTE network but it has the fastest, at least according to new data from Root Metrics.

Among the top four U.S. mobile carriers measured by Root Metrics, AT&T took the top spot with an average LTE-only download speed of 18.6 megabits per second and an average upload speed of 9Mbps. Its maximum download speed averaged 57.7Mbps, while its fastest upload speed averaged 19.6Mbps.

Root's researchers were able to connect to AT&T's LTE network 81.7 percent of the time, a rate second only to Verizon Wireless.

Verizon itself took second place in the speed tests. The carrier offered an average LTE download speed of 14.3Mbps and an average upload speed of 8.5Mbps. Its maximum speeds averaged 49.3Mbps on the downstream and 19.7Mbps on the upstream. And its 93.2 percent reliability rate was the best among the bunch.

Verizon also was No. 1 for LTE coverage. Of the 77 LTE markets included in Root's study, Verizon's LTE network was available in all of them. In contrast, AT&T's LTE network was found in only 47 of the 77 cities."

http://m.cnet.com/news/at&t-outshines-verizon-in-4g-lte-speed-tests/57573773?ds=1

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368795592847.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368795592847.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 24

chrisngrod

Sep 5, 2010
www.mycricketforum.com
I basically gave up Verizon and the Note 2 for the Optimus G Pro.

My VZW number forwards to the Opt G Pro and a text messaging app forwards the texts. I'm going to mount the Note 2 in the car just for the Torque app and maybe nav. I prefer it over the iPad 3 that is on a RAM mount.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the GN2 on Verizon, gave up on both the phone and the carrier. Had it come with 32GB of storage and had Verizon not screwed the pooch with the bootloader games I might have stayed. But they didn't so I didn't.

I am love the OG Pro and do admit the screen is tough outdoors but so are most phones I have used. I am curious what Samsung has up their sleeve with the GN3 and how they will try to top the OG Pro.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I get killer speeds here in the Dallas area...

Sent from my LG-E980 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368833959324.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368833959324.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 17

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that is killer speeds, but then again TX is AT&T's home state :) still for my area of upstate NY getting triple the speeds on AT&T than Verizon is embarrassing I look forward to the continued roll out of LTE on AT&T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37