From Note II to OPG ? Is it worth it?

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Current Note 2 owner here.
I was in the AT&T store checking out the S4 today and saw the OGP wow, what an impressive screen.
I didn't realize how much nicer and sharper the screen was compared to the Note II.
Other than that, I am not sure if it would be a worthwhile upgrade for me.
So what is there about the OGP that makes it much better than the Note II ?
And should I get it or wait till the Note 3?

idaute

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, off the shoulder, I would say that unless you have more money than you will ever need, I would stick with the Note II. Start saving your money for your old age when your shoulder may need some work.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
For me the OGP was a simple choice since I was moving to ATT and didn't have a phone. I had the GN2 on Verizon but several factors annoyed me, lack of internal storage, bootloader, screen resolution those were all the reasons why when it came time to get a phone on ATT I chose the OGP over the GN2.

Now if you are considering a new phone, yes the OGP is a great phone but in about 4-5 months the GN3 will arrive and address (hopefully) the screen, storage (rumors of 32GB minimum) and processor as well.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
It seems as though the specs are better, I'm not familiar with LG at all...I hear people saying LG support is not good....that would be a factor I suppose, depending on how long one would be keeping the phone

And I'm actually trying to decide which one to go for between the pro and the note myself......I suppose either would be a step up from my s3

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3 ~

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Both are a big step up from a GS3. I heard the same things about LG, and whiile I likely won't have my OG Pro longer than 6-12 months (ok 12 months is pushing it) I won't be upgrading because I am unhappy or dissatisfied with LG support, I tend to upgrade a lot and rarely keep a phone for a super long time. So far we have root, the bootloader unlock is being worked on and soon LG will have to post up the ROM image for flashing. I would expect the OG Pro to get 4.2.2 at least beyond that I don't know.

The AT&T OG launched in Nov. 2012 with ICS 4.0, and was updated to JB 4.1.2 in March 2013 so really that is inline with upgrades, carrier testing (err, delays) and likely we would see 4.2.2 by Oct to Nov time frame in time to still compete with the GN3 specs wise.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Over the years, my wife and I have both had LG phones and have been extremely happy with them.
Back in the day I bought my wife the LG Xenon and she treated that phone like a hockey puck and it still works today 6 years later.
My LG OGP has been absolutely Flawless so far. I have a friend at AT&T and he said the phone would For sure be getting 4.2.X by end of summer.
This phone has excellent call quality (wife says I sound 10x better than I sounded using iPhone 5).
Excellent screen, incredible battery life, no lag at all, better reception than my iPhone 5 as well. Needless to say, my wife now wants this phone as well after playing around on mine.

My brother has Note 2 and after playing with the LG OGP, he has his phone on Craigslist and is buying the LG OGP as well. (full retail)

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Over the years, my wife and I have both had LG phones and have been extremely happy with them.
Back in the day I bought my wife the LG Xenon and she treated that phone like a hockey puck and it still works today 6 years later.
My LG OGP has been absolutely Flawless so far. I have a friend at AT&T and he said the phone would For sure be getting 4.2.X by end of summer.
This phone has excellent call quality (wife says I sound 10x better than I sounded using iPhone 5).
Excellent screen, incredible battery life, no lag at all, better reception than my iPhone 5 as well. Needless to say, my wife now wants this phone as well after playing around on mine.

My brother has Note 2 and after playing with the LG OGP, he has his phone on Craigslist and is buying the LG OGP as well. (full retail)

That's good to know. This is the kind of info I was looking for.
I don't need help on my retirement fund. If I did, I would speak with a professional and not a troll on the internet. LOL

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Nice to hear we are looking at 4.2.x towards end of summer time frame. I was expecting early autumn to fall but I will take end of summer. I hope they don't cut back on the notification bar or do something better with it than they did on the current one.

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the Note 2 and I absolutely like it better. The feel in my hand and the screen alone are worth it. I had not used the s-pen in months and I prefer LCD and the 1080 is very nice too.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I saw the OGP in the AT&T store and I was really impressed. I had the Note 2 briefly and although the s-pen was nice, I found myself not sing it as much as I thought I would. Plus, I broke the s-pen and had to get a replacement. It broke so easily I was amazed. If you dropped the phone, the pen would fly out too. I like that the OGP has a notification light around the home button. It has 32GB of internal storage which I really like. These OEMs need to get away from 16GBs.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

David Ibarra

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I acquired my LG Optimus Pro by necessity as I damaged my Note 2 prior to a long trip and had to purchased a phone. The ATT store did not have a GN2 but offered me a GS4, not sure why, I told them I liked the large screen but kept insisting on the GS4 or HTC One. I saw the LG and started looking at it and just bought it. After 2 weeks:

* The phone screen is very good indoor and outdoors
* The phone handling is much more easy to handle than GN2 which is a blessing
* The phone operates fluidly and the UI is not complicated
* The phone feels good and the black and gray trim makes it look much nicer than my previous phone
* The smart cover is a real good idea for a phone

It is sad that ATT is not doing more to present this phone at the store as I think is a very goo device

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I acquired my LG Optimus Pro by necessity as I damaged my Note 2 prior to a long trip and had to purchased a phone. The ATT store did not have a GN2 but offered me a GS4, not sure why, I told them I liked the large screen but kept insisting on the GS4 or HTC One. I saw the LG and started looking at it and just bought it. After 2 weeks:

* The phone screen is very good indoor and outdoors
* The phone handling is much more easy to handle than GN2 which is a blessing
* The phone operates fluidly and the UI is not complicated
* The phone feels good and the black and gray trim makes it look much nicer than my previous phone
* The smart cover is a real good idea for a phone

It is sad that ATT is not doing more to present this phone at the store as I think is a very goo device

Do you miss your S-pen?
You like LG skin vs Samsung's touch wiz?
How is the multi tasking vs the note 2? I've seen its more customizable

David Ibarra

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Jae

I do not miss the S Pen, as it pretty easy to create note or even take pictures/page snapshots and comment these. The interface with the phone for me works very well , I like the email and calendar built in app they have some good features and options like making it easy to change colors, fonts,etc without having to leave the application. The multi tasking really works well

Overall I think LG did a good job. I always used Samsung since the SII and had the GN1 and GN2 and I have to say the lack of LG advertisement on this phone would have made missed this phone if it was not just for the fact that I had to replaced my GN2. If I had to recommend a phone I would say this one if very good and a great option with no compromise that I could find at this time

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Jae

I do not miss the S Pen, as it pretty easy to create note or even take pictures/page snapshots and comment these. The interface with the phone for me works very well , I like the email and calendar built in app they have some good features and options like making it easy to change colors, fonts,etc without having to leave the application. The multi tasking really works well

Overall I think LG did a good job. I always used Samsung since the SII and had the GN1 and GN2 and I have to say the lack of LG advertisement on this phone would have made missed this phone if it was not just for the fact that I had to replaced my GN2. If I had to recommend a phone I would say this one if very good and a great option with no compromise that I could find at this time

Thanx, am still on the fence between the pro and note, I will go to a store and check out the pro in person, I've seen a million videos already.

ternell99

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased my OG Pro and I love it...my last phone was the original Galaxy Note. The OG Pro is perfect, I played with it, the Note 2 & GS4 for a few days and I was amazed by the Pro! This phone has NO lag at all, both Samsung devices had lag, even though the GS4 and OG Pro have the same processor (OGPro 1.7GHz and GS4 overclocked to 1.9GHz) .The OG Pros screen, battery life,software and feel in hand put it over the top. The whole S-pen thing is over rated IMHO. I used it for a little while when I first got my note and after a short while I never used it again (unless someone asked about it). Basically LG took the Note 2 and updated it to next gen specs and threw out the S-pen. If you can wait for the Note 3 then wait and then compare (it will be basically the S4 with bigger screen and S-pen fuction.) I'm not bashing Samsung devices at all I've had every flag ship samsung device since the OG Galaxy S!

The only draw back I'm finding to the OG Pro is the lack of accessories. Theres not a ton of cases for it at the moment but hopefully that will change soon.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I went to look at the LG today, and the only issue i'm seeming to have is that it gives me options to write notes and things like the Note 2, BUT it doesn't give me a pen to do it with, it just feels weird to me, trying to take notes without a pen......Does anyone know if it works with other touch pens?????

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I went to look at the LG today, and the only issue i'm seeming to have is that it gives me options to write notes and things like the Note 2, BUT it doesn't give me a pen to do it with, it just feels weird to me, trying to take notes without a pen......Does anyone know if it works with other touch pens?????

Do you really think that you will use the pen? Because many have bought the Note thinking that they were going to use the pen and end up not using it much at all.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2