New OGP Owner here! Previous HTC ONE, Previous SGS4! (T-Mobile)

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey Everyone!

Count me down as what.. the 9th OGP owner now? rofl...

I just got mine yesterday from AT&T, i bought it off contract at the store then i got an unlock code for it and now it's unlocked and i'm running it on T-Mobile..

I wanted to include my thoughts on this for everyone to see since I used the HTC One and also the SGS4 on T-Mobile. (I cel phone hop around.. but it's really easy to do on T-Mobile because of the installament plans) I just sell the phone on Craigslist then pay off the installment plan and get a different phone and sometimes i can break even doing this on costs..

So thoughts on the phone!
------------------------------------

1. Build quality is way better then the SGS4... i TOTALLY love it.. the screen feels great, the sides feel wonderful it doesn't feel as plasticky as the SGS4 feels more solid.

2. battery life, WTF??? it's AMAZING... i even spent all day yesterday downloading apps and configuring it... and i finished the day off with 60%... insane..right now i'm STILL sitting at 100% and i unplugged this morning at like 5am.. though i havn't done much on it.. STILL though the standby time is INSANELY good.. =)

3. Comparitive to the HTC ONE.. obviously the build of the HTC one is nicer.. but you know what's funny? my HTC ONE was opening up with tiny cracks around the body...on several spots.. so the HTC one build quality is not all it's cracked up to be.

4. Software, So far it's great.. the Quick remote is fantastic. i love the quick memo.. definitely an upgrade over the galaxy note 2 in terms of taking quick screenshots.

5. All in all i'm super pleased with this phone and it's WAY faster.. and smoother then the HTC one and the SGS4.. i can't believe people aren't buying this thing up in droves.. this is the current top phone out there by far.

:cool:

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update.

As of Monday, assuming UPS doesn't let me down, I'll be number ten. But I'l be sticking with AT&T since T-Mo service in Maine is pretty slim.

I fell in love with the screen size of the Note II, but wanted the camera and feature set of the GS4. The OGP seems like a good compromise between the two, and cheaper than either.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update.

As of Monday, assuming UPS doesn't let me down, I'll be number ten. But I'l be sticking with AT&T since T-Mo service in Maine is pretty slim.

I fell in love with the screen size of the Note II, but wanted the camera and feature set of the GS4. The OGP seems like a good compromise between the two, and cheaper than either.

I agree... it's features the best of both worlds... and the screen by far is what drew my attention the most... it looks amazing watching movies.... I just wish att and lg should of promoted this phone a lot more... it definitely needs more attention than what it's getting and deserves....

Sent from my LG-E980 using Android Central Forums

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I agree... it's features the best of both worlds... and the screen by far is what drew my attention the most... it looks amazing watching movies.... I just wish att and lg should of promoted this phone a lot more... it definitely needs more attention than what it's getting and deserves....

Sent from my LG-E980 using Android Central Forums

Yeah i find it very odd.. this is by far a better phone then the Galaxy S4

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update.

Sorry, you'll be number 11, I picked mine up today. :cool:

I wanted something about 5 inches or so, so that I could read books and magazines easily (not to mention watching Netflix). The big battery I don't mind, nor do I mind the SD slot. I missed having one with the One X. I also did NOT want Samsung's TouchWiz...if this phone doesn't work out it'll be on to the Galaxy S 4 Google Edition.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
trust me... it will work out.. rofl.. i still have not found a single problem with it.. the battery life is insane and the software is the most optimized out of the HTC one and SGS4.. it's smooth and fast.

nboatr

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
OK, I AM number 12, i got got mind 2 weeks ago and i love it! best phone i have ever owned, Period! love the screen clarity, love the size- i have (Bear-Paws). for hands, lol
its fast and no lag. im hooked on larger phones.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I agree. This phone is the best of the best, yet no one seems interested. I did switch to the S4 because I liked the over all size of it better (im new to android)
But this is something about this phone that I love. The screen, battery life etc are all amazing.
I plan to re-buy this phone asap and have both the S4 and the LG. I was kind of holding off for 4.2 which I supposed to happen by end of summer at the latest.

People should really give this phone a look. It's top notch.

rahsaanabdul

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up friday and haven't been able to put it down since then. Gave up my rooted Note and bought this phone for 87 bucks. The HTC One and GS4 were just too small. Great speed, great screen, fat battery, and a better than Touch Wiz OS and this was a no-brainer. This phone is definitely a diamond in the rough and the movie everyone should have seen.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Picked mine up friday and haven't been able to put it down since then. Gave up my rooted Note and bought this phone for 87 bucks. The HTC One and GS4 were just too small. Great speed, great screen, fat battery, and a better than Touch Wiz OS and this was a no-brainer. This phone is definitely a diamond in the rough and the movie everyone should have seen.

Would you ever go back to S4 from OGP?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

rahsaanabdul

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

As a matter of fact I returned my GPro and picked up an S4. It was really a heart breaker because the GPro is a great phone. But, from a development standpoint the outlook is very bleak and pretty much nonexistent. I get bored pretty quick with stock ROMs. I bought my S4 and rooted it pretty quickly and flashed a custom ROM. If I could afford to have both phones at once I would.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 4 using Tapatalk 2

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday and love it was using the HTC one love this large screen and the device works really great

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech