New OGP Owner, coming from HTC One X

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Just picked mine up today, since renewal time was so close I managed to wait...with great difficulty.

The phone feels large in the hand, but so far it's comfortable. I'm still getting used to the button placement but I love the notification light. I tend to hold my phone in my left hand, so I usually have to wake the phone with my right. So far I haven't figured out how to configure the shortcuts on the lock screen, but that's mostly curiosity, since I have a policy enforced by my office requiring a PIN unlock and a 15 minute timeout.

Just finished rooting, the QSlide bar takes up a LOT of space, and it's REALLY noticable when it's gone. Unfortunately, to get rid of it, you have to root, then install ClockworkMod, and then apply a ZIP fix via CLockworkMod recovery boot. It's a multi-step process, but it's worth it. Hopefully LG will notice, and with the next update add an option to disable the bar completely.

The stock keyboard is nice, but I ended up installing Swype anyway. Somehow the stock keyboard started talking on me and won't stop. Don't know why, I'll keep working on it.

Screen is beautiful, now I just have to see if SMartStay works and how well the battery holds up. So far the thing is great though.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
My keyboard works fine. Maybe it had something to do with the root.
Mine is unroofed and works fantastic. Can't see myself ever rooting it.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My keyboard works fine. Maybe it had something to do with the root.
Mine is unroofed and works fantastic. Can't see myself ever rooting it.

Nope started doing that before I rooted it. I was messing with accessibility and apparently the choice help for the LG keyboard is stuck on. Like I said, since I don't use that keyboard anyway not a big deal for me but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is seeing it.

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using Tapatalk 2

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, little tip, set up your lock screen the way you want it BEFORE setting up any Exchange accounts that might apply a security policy. Once you've got that set up you can't access the lock screen configuration.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Nope started doing that before I rooted it. I was messing with accessibility and apparently the choice help for the LG keyboard is stuck on. Like I said, since I don't use that keyboard anyway not a big deal for me but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is seeing it.

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using Tapatalk 2

Noticed that also. Setting up accessibility for almost any app turns on keyboard talk back feature. Have had that on other phones also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton