Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By miamiborn79
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T and accessories for this phone

This is an embarrassment. Still virtually nothing besides that stupid pink and white incipio case and screen protectors (flip cover offers zero drop protection).

The device has been out for OVER 3 WEEKS now and still nothing. Have a tpu case from amazon on the way, but still...

Sent from my LG-E980 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: AT&T and accessories for this phone

The current "jesus phones" are the HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4. Those and the iPhone are probably going to make the most sales, and therefore get the most attention from accessory makers. If the Optimus G Pro drops on Sprint we might see more accessories. LG really needs to push to get this on other carriers if they want to compete with Samsung and HTC.

I emailed QMadix asking if they'll be making their Metallix case for the OGP. I had one for my One X and loved it.

With all due respect, ATT rips you off with their accessories just like the Apple store. You are better off buying online anyway. Amazons TPU and snap on cases are actually really nice as I bought them both and Incipio has a bunch! They ship fast too! Got two cases from them standard mail and received both on the third day.

TheyStoleMyName likes this.

Come on you didn't buy this phone really thinking there were going to be accessories for it...did you?
    I have the FlipCover and that's all I need. The phone its self is a "god phone". It's pretty much just perfect.

Upgraded from Samsung Galaxy s2 Skyrocket, and i haven't regretted this Phone at all, It's Great in every way
    there are different ones sold on Ebay also. Don't wait for ATT, buy your accessories online and get the selection and saving you want.

ROM
    Stock

Just ordered a cheap case from Amazon to tide me over, because I dropped my phone yesterday and had a deeply horrified moment that I might have broken it. Even a cheap TPU case is better than nothing.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by miamiborn79 View Post
    With all due respect, ATT rips you off with their accessories just like the Apple store. You are better off buying online anyway. Amazons TPU and snap on cases are actually really nice as I bought them both and Incipio has a bunch! They ship fast too! Got two cases from them standard mail and received both on the third day.

I agree that AT&T 's prices on accessories are ridiculous, but essentially there is nothing that you can walk out of the store with when buying the OGP that will protect it until a case from amazon arrives. I bought my OGP on a spur of the moment, so I didn't preorder a case.

I mean, the incipio case kind of sucks bc it is so bulky, but why does ATT only carry the pink and white one? Who made that call?

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Okay. Received a black tpu case from Amazon today. Feels good, but the only problem is that the power button is now hard as hell to push. This one was made by Hyperion. Anyone else find one that is better/easier?

I bought the same one and I won't use it unless using my phone as my mp3 player on a run. Its extremely hard to press!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

I first bought the TPU case and had same issues with it covered all buttons so I purchased this from Amazon, much better in black.

Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP LG Optimus G Pro Case Slim [Ultra Thin Air] [Tangerine Tango] Hard Case Protection Cover + Front Screen Protector Film: Cell Phones & Accessories
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by bad1550 View Post
    I first bought the TPU case and had same issues with it covered all buttons so I purchased this from Amazon, much better in black.

Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP LG Optimus G Pro Case Slim [Ultra Thin Air] [Tangerine Tango] Hard Case Protection Cover + Front Screen Protector Film: Cell Phones & Accessories
    The only issue I see with that one is the minimal protection and it looks like it doesn't cover all of the edges of the device. Is that true?

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Yes, that is true but it's super thin. I also picked up Note 2 holster case from Best Buy and fits perfectly.

If you are just looking for cases, there are a ton on eBay and Amazon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app