Moved to Tmobile --- Hotspot not working

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get this to work?

I'm on the Family Plan that has 500mb of HotSpot before needing to pay. Every time I try and enable it I get a error.
I don't really need it, but I'd like it to be there just in case.

Thanks

Update 6/29/2013
I ended up having to root my phone to get it to work it took about 2 minutes (I never wanted to have to root).
I had called Tmobile and they were no help at all. Turns out its a stupid database setting and you need root access to modify the value from a 1 to a 0.

Update 7/4/2013
Guess I should have posted the links to do this.

[ROOT]Windows/Linux file to root all Firmwares(Should work on all versions) - xda-developers (how to root in like 2 minutes)
Wifi Tethering working ! !! - xda-developers (3rd post down screen shots and step by step to get hotspot working)

Last edited:

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I'll give that a shot.

BEFORE jacking with APN Settings (it won't work no matter what ones you chose) read UPDATE below : )

(i also got my phone unlocked from AT&T and am using on T-Mo) and my hotspot didn't work either (got "authentication error" msg) so i called them and they said my acct and phone IS provisioned for hotspot so they tried diff troubleshooting and one of the things they had me try was to "delete current APN....well once i did that i tried 20 different thngs to add one back that would apear with a "dot" so it could be selected, so whatever you do, do NOT delete your current APN that works, if anything, edit it and make sure you screenshot the original before you start eff'ing with it...

After they instructed me to delete it, when i told them there was now "no dot" they were completely befuddled and told me that i had to contact LG (a fate WORSE than death, in my opinion) so be very careful when jacking around with APNS, just a heads up, because i've jacked with APNS for years and never had this issue before. Usually when a dot disappears, a quick re-keying of a certain line fixes it, but in this instance i had everything keyed right but NOTHING i tried worked, took me almost 3 hours to fix, had to Google my lil heart out and i still am not quite sure what got the dot to finally appear.

Hopefully OP has/had a better experience....

BTC

Last edited:

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I didn't want to root either but i need my hotspot just for that occasional "gotta have a hotspot" moment : )

Wow! Rooting theLG OG Pro was the LEAST painful experience i ever had. I practically "blinked" and it was rooted in like 3 steps....lol

Update: Got it all working... Had to buy SQlite Editor because Root Explorer (even tho i have Paid Version) wouldn't edit the line. It was $2.99 in play store... I followed CHENTE instructions on XDA LG OG Pro thread, "Toggle Hotspot"...

2013-07-04-09-38-20_zps116a3068.jpg

Thx!

BTC

Last edited: