Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool A Few Q's About Optimus G Pro

Heyy so I just got my G Pro 2 days ago and I had a few Q's.

1. How do I/can I get rid of At&t msg'ing? Its an obnoxious creepy stalker

2. Why do my txt msg's not trigger the led light on the phone yet my e-mails do?

3. Is there any way to get a pop up notification on the screen whenever a new text comes in instead of just a tone since the led doesn't work for txts

4. On my iphone there were different keyboard options you could have, one of them was for emoticons. Does anyone know how to get emoticons when texting?

I think thats it!! Thanks I'd super-appreciate any help I could get

Default Re: A Few Q's About Optimus G Pro

1. I cancelled out of the AT&T messaging setup, can't help you there. But I advise not using it. I've been avoiding it like the plague. I just use the regular Messaging app for SMS and MMS.

2. Your emails trigger the LED? Mine aren't. Are you using AT&T Messaging for emails too, or the built in email app? I'm using the regular email app, and I don't get LED notifications for them.

3. I do get pop-up notifications for texts. In the Messaging application, hit the menu button, go to Settings, then Notification, there's an option for new message popup and preview.

4. I don't see an emoticon key on the LG keyboard. Then again, I use Swype, and many others use SwiftKey. Both of those offer an emoticon key under a long-press at least.
    Thanked by:
    KaytyT 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: A Few Q's About Optimus G Pro

I did a live chat w at&t and was able to remove the at&t msg'ing by going to Play Store<Apps<At&t msg'ing<uninstall.
    Hallelou! They're gone!

I am using the e-mail app for my e-mail I believe.

Thanks for the info on the keyboards! I would've never thought of that.