Quote Originally Posted by 67srbell View Post
    Just cur
    Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app
    Just curious

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Anyone going back to S4?

Tried out an s4 briefly but the display had a note 2 next to it and once I held that behemoth it was all over.

Then I discovered the ogp, with the screen size of the note 2 and the 13mpix camera of the s4 and a lot of everything else, at the same price as the s4.

No. Contest.

Yes, the note 2 has legendary battery life. Yes, things like action shot would be cool. Life is full of compromises, and the ogp is honestly the phone I'm feeling like I'm giving up the least to choose.

Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X

I had the OGP for 14 days and took it back to the store and traded for the S4. I honestly feel the OGP is better than the S4.
    S4 lags. its not bad lag. its tolerable. people who claim 'no lag on mine', are closing their eyes while using it. or just straight lying. some people have to lie to not feel bad about their purchase.
    I do like my S4 tho. Its a great phone. the 5" is perfect size. If the OGP were 5" instead of 5.5" the S4 would be for sale Right now.

Screen: OGP (OGP has a True IPS HD screen that can't be beat.)
    Smooth Fast and no Lag: OGP
    Camera: S4- its amazing how good this camera is.
    Stock keyboard: OGP (auto correct, swipe, and word predict all work better than stock S4 and better than Google keyboard)
    Gimmicky features you will likely never use: S4 (all waiving and eye features are off on my S4)
    Call SOUND quality: OGP blows the S4 away.
    Reception of signal: OGP (signal strength on S4 is not great)
    Battery Life: LG OGP (battery on the LG is awesome)
    Size: S4 (the S4 size is absolute perfection and the reason I still own it)

I am even considering going back to the LG OGP and just getting used to the size. or buying it as a 2nd device.
    iOS and Android are BOTH great. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5S, LG Optimus G Pro, S3, S4, Note 3, Moto X..
    Currently using LG G2, Note 3 and Nokia 520 WP8

I had the s4 and traded it for the g pro no lag awesome display. Could not be happier. S4 over rated. This phi e needs more press.

The S4 is a decent device, but will probably be better as a Google/Nexus Experience phone. The removal of all the S-whatever garbage should get rid of that lag.

Downside is that not as many people will buy it that way because it isn't carrier subsidized. But as much as I love my OGP, I might also order the S4 Google Edition to try it out. Worst comes to worst, I stick with the OGP and sell the S4 on eBay or something.

What the OGP needs is more carriers. LG needs to get it onto T-Mobile and Sprint. And Verizon, so the NSA can enjoy it too.
    slik6996 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by npaladin-2000 View Post
    The S4 is a decent device, but will probably be better as a Google/Nexus Experience phone. The removal of all the S-whatever garbage should get rid of that lag.
    Once you turn an S4 into a Nexus-style vanilla Android phone, honestly, you're left with pretty much an OGP with a smaller screen. Many of the features of the S4 are in the work Samsung put into proprietary software features that aren't going to survive Nexusification unless they make them available through the Play Store or something.

Which is not to say that the S4 is in any way a bad phone, but most of the "magic" is in the fact that it doesn't run vanilla Android.

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

I went, S4 to OGP, to S4 and now I just went back to the OGP. The S4 is the perfect size, but there is something that just keeps bringing me back to the OGP!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

- 13.3 Retina MacBook Pro
    - AT&T LG G2 | AT&T LG Optimus G Pro
    - AT&T Samsung GS4 | AT&T Galaxy Note 3 | Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 | Samsung Galaxy Gear
    - AT&T Nokia 1520
    - T-Mobile Xperia Z1s
    - LG G Pad 8.3 GPe
    - 16GB Google Nexus 5 | 32GB Google Nexus 7 2013
    - 32GB iPad Air | 16GB iPad Mini Retina

I just sold my S4 and stuck with the OGP. I tried them both out for a few weeks and liked the OGP better. No lag, better screen, did not need all the features. I never used them anyway.
    Blackberry Storm 1> Blackberry Storm 2> Samsung Mesmerize>Motorola Electrify>AT&T SG3>AT&T SG4> AT&T Optimus G Pro>AT&T LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by 05GT View Post
    I went, S4 to OGP, to S4 and now I just went back to the OGP. The S4 is the perfect size, but there is something that just keeps bringing me back to the OGP!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Maybe what you need is the G2? LG like but S4 sized?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

My girlfriend has the S4 and I just recently bought the G Pro, and now she says she wants my phone lol.

Nope

from what ever phone I feel like using today

Gave my wife the s4, it was just too small for me after having the gnote. The contract price made the g pro the obvious choice.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Aint nobody got time for that!