Edit Lock Screen?

Jake52

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the OGP from AT&T in the US and I was wondering if we can edit the lock screen. I've read reviews where people talk about changing the quick access apps at the bottom of the lock screen. In my lock screen settings there is nothing listed about doing this. Am I missing something?

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Probably can only be done with the international version. Or it came along with that update that the international version got that added features and performance enhancements witch the att version probably won't get.

mase123987

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It can be done! Go to your app drawer and click on 'Settings'. Then, click on the 'Display' tab up top. Tap the option 'Lock screen'. Tap 'Clocks & Shortcuts'. Here you can change what type of clock is used by swiping it left/right. To edit the shortcuts, tap the shortcut you want to change. A list will appear with everything you can place there. Select what you want and you are done!

Jake52

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
The problem is in my lock screen settings, I don't have a section called "Clocks & Shortcuts." It's just not there. I'm guessing you have the international version of the OGP? I have no idea why they would remove this control for the US version.

The lock screen kinda stinks now because the shortcuts force me to launch the default browser (which I don't use), and the default email app (which I also don't use). It would be awesome to customize these! Hopefully they'll allow everyone to update these in the future.

mase123987

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The problem is in my lock screen settings, I don't have a section called "Clocks & Shortcuts." It's just not there. I'm guessing you have the international version of the OGP? I have no idea why they would remove this control for the US version.

The lock screen kinda stinks now because the shortcuts force me to launch the default browser (which I don't use), and the default email app (which I also don't use). It would be awesome to customize these! Hopefully they'll allow everyone to update these in the future.

I have the AT&T version. Did you buy the phone new or from someone? I would factory reset the phone if it is missing things.

Jadien

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the AT&T version as well, and I have the lock screen settings. Have you tried to go directly to the lock screen settings by hitting the capacitive menu button while on the home screen? That's how I manage that stuff...

Posted via Android Central App

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I had a pattern lock set on mine and the clocks&calendars does not show. Set it to "swipe to unlock" and the clocks@calendars reappears. Set stuff the way you want, then put your lock screen back.

"It's a feature".

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, if you have any kind of security set up for the lock screen (PIN, password, pattern) the option doesn't show up. Probably because, unless the screen hasn't timed out, the shortcuts don't show up anyway. But you have to remove any security to get at the option. And some workplaces (mine included) don't let you do that while connected to their email system, which is a little annoying. ;)

Jake52

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
A ha!!! That's why I can't get to the settings. I have Lotus Notes Traveler for work (yeah, fun times) and I have to set a password for the lock screen. I think I have to uninstall the Notes app to get the "Swipe to unlock" setting to come back. Thanks for all the replies people.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, if you have any kind of security set up for the lock screen (PIN, password, pattern) the option doesn't show up. Probably because, unless the screen hasn't timed out, the shortcuts don't show up anyway. But you have to remove any security to get at the option. And some workplaces (mine included) don't let you do that while connected to their email system, which is a little annoying. ;)

This is on my OG also. It's annoying.

If you swipe the unlock pattern and keep your finger held down on the last circle, MUSIC, TEXT, CALLS and CAMERA icons pop up. Cannot change them though.

AKA_Rizzo

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Unlock phone > Press the 3 stacked line Menu Button > Click Lock Screen Settings > 3rd Option Down > Clocks and lock screen.

If you press the grey sprockets on each top right corner then you can change them.

I preferred to remove all of mine as I was grabbing them with my thumb by accident more often.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Unlock phone > Press the 3 stacked line Menu Button > Click Lock Screen Settings > 3rd Option Down > Clocks and lock screen.

If you press the grey sprockets on each top right corner then you can change them.

I preferred to remove all of mine as I was grabbing them with my thumb by accident more often.

Please see my post above regarding that option not appearing.

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to add the google now mic button the lock screen or even to the home screen? That way I can just tap it and speak a question or voice command without having to launch the app.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to add the google now mic button the lock screen or even to the home screen? That way I can just tap it and speak a question or voice command without having to launch the app.

Yeah, but I just assigned it to the shortcut button on the left

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro using Tapatalk 2.