Just Upgraded to Optimus G Pro, Looking For A Case.

stugatsa

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Amazon.com: LG Optimus G Pro Horizontal Leather Case with Magnetic closure with belt clip and belt loops (Plus Size will Fit w/ Otterbox Commuter on) + Cell Phone Antenna Booster: Cell Phones & Accessories ($14.95)

and

LG Optimus G Pro Rubberized Protector Case - Black ($9.95)

Regarding the Amazon leather holster, it's wonderful. Nice quality and big enough to fit the phone with a case on it.
Regarding the WirelessGround rubberized snap-on case, it is a perfect snap-on fit. Has cut-outs for all buttons. Comes in black, white, red, blue, and pink

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

That looks like a nice holster. I will say, however, that it's VERY odd that they specifically mention that it will for with an Otterbox Commuter case, since Otterbox doesn't have a single case available for this phone.

I suspect they had some Note II holsters that they simply rebranded. ;)

Here's an interesting option with a kickstand, anyone tried this one out?

Amazon.com: LF Blue Black Hybrid Hard Case with Stand & Holster, Lf Stylus Pen and Wiper For AT&T LG Optimus G Pro E980: Cell Phones & Accessories

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Update on the case: It has the function where the front cover can fold behind it to display the phone at an angle, since the time it arrived and now, it is no longer able to hold the phone up. I'm very disappointed with this case, but as I've said before, it'll do for now. If I ever get the money I'm going to buy the official case for it.

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Just ruined the screen protectors I tried to apply. None of them wanted to go on straight or bubble free. Then when I tried to smooth the bubbles out with a credit card, it didn't work at all. So in frustration I destroyed the piece of junk screen protectors. Can anyone recommend me a good screen protector? Preferably one that doesn't fight you when you try to apply it? Never had to apply one before anyways, my last phone came with one already on. Maybe I should just get a case that has one built in.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just ruined the screen protectors I tried to apply. None of them wanted to go on straight or bubble free. Then when I tried to smooth the bubbles out with a credit card, it didn't work at all. So in frustration I destroyed the piece of junk screen protectors. Can anyone recommend me a good screen protector? Preferably one that doesn't fight you when you try to apply it? Never had to apply one before anyways, my last phone came with one already on. Maybe I should just get a case that has one built in.

You DO NOT want to get a case with one built in. They are far more frustrating than adding one.

I've always just used the cheap ones. A credit card is a poor choice for smoothing out the bubbles, because it will scratch the new cover. A thin piece of rounded-edged plastic is good (think the plastic scraper used to scrape cast iron). One covered with a thin layer of soft fabric is better. A lot of decent screen protectors come with a good tool for this.

There are two methods of application - wet and dry. Which you use depends on what kind of protector you have and how brave you are about putting water on your screen.

I'm a coward and have always done dry. I take an area where I don't care if the floor gets a little damp and spray some plain water around in a mist. This helps precipitate some of the dust out of the air, it ain't no clean room and maybe I'm full of !@#$ but it seems to help a little. Then I carefully apply the screen film, paying ALL attention to alignment and almost NONE to bubbles.

Finally, starting at the middle of the screen, I slowly and patiently work each bubble from the center of the screen outward until it "pops" out from under the screen protector. Bubbles like to dodge and break up, and you can't do this quickly. When one starts sliding off to the side you have to stop, take a breath, and then gently herd it back where you want it to. It's rather painstaking and cannot be rushed if you wish to do it properly.

I've put at least 7-8 cheap protectors on screens, and have had two big bits of dust in one of them, which was part of a 3-pack so I just peeled it off and pulled out a spare from the pack. Other than that, they've been all but invisible. Maybe a stubborn bubble or a spec of dust here and there, but if I don't notice it after a day of use I stop worrying about it.

Wet application is a lot easier, since the air bubbles move more freely and the water can even carry any errant dust out if you're patient. I've seen videos of it - "whip-zip-no bubbles done!"

But intentionally putting water on my phone gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Last edited:

psygnosi

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Casemate tough case and Zagg screen protector for this phone is awesome! This combo makes my OGPro sweet!

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone is still interested in a case, I found this little gem for $7 on Amazon: Amazon.com: For LG Optimus G Pro E980 T-Stand Impact Kickstand Hybrid Double Layer Fusion Cover Case Black/Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's a fairly thick rubbery case with a hard plastic cover. It sticks out from the screen a bit so it offers bumper protection (and also keeps my fingers holding the phone from being "recognized" as a screen tap, which is a huge bonus for me!).

It also has a built-in kickstand capable of holding the phone up in either portrait or landscape, which is the one single feature I really miss from my old HTC Thunderbolt. The kickstand is actually hinged with a slide-down supporting bit, so it's pretty well built. Button action is easy but not so easy as to be constantly pressing buttons by mistake. It adds a little extra heft/size to the phone.

It was a real bear to put on, so if you change your batteries out a lot it might not be for you.

I also found a very cheap holster that fits the whole thing like a glove: Amazon.com: LG Optimus G Pro Horizontal Leather Case with Magnetic closure with belt clip and belt loops (Plus Size will Fit w/ Otterbox Commuter on) + Cell Phone Antenna Booster: Cell Phones & Accessories

For $12+shipping (free for me, I'm a Prime member), it seemed like about the best thing going. The holster cover uses cardboard for reinforcement so it's already a bit bent up, but it should hold up for a while and I'm not exactly kind to holsters, so I've learned to buy the cheap ones. The holster also came with a "cell phone signal booster" that went straight into the rubbish bin, obviously.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88