4.2.2 update?

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
So the HTC one is getting its bumb to 4.2.2 and the s4 already has it. The next phone on the list id think would be the lg pro. I know 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 are not much different but having the greatest and latest from Google never hurts. What are your thoughts? Think lg will be the next to report a 4.2.2 build in the world for there flag ship device? I hope so.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I would hope so, but LG in the past has been pretty bad about updates. Also, at&t is a big hurdel too for this update. Even the HTC update is out, i bet it will still be a few months before at&t releases it.

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I know this is the wrong place to ask, but why are these carriers and companies so bad about updating? You'd think they'd invent and implement some sort of system to streamline the whole updating process, keeping customers up to date should be a priority. Just my 2 cents on the matter. I'm hoping, although very unlikely, that the OGP gets 4.3.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I sure hope we get the update for the G Pro I have come to expect that what ever version your phone comes with is what you have unless you mod it yourself they really do not have to provide it to us but it would be nice.

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I think they don't update them quickly because if the carrier kept you up to date all the time people would not buy new phones. People will by a phone just for it having the newest version of android. I did it with the s4 but then traded it for the lg pro. Ha so I hope our phone gets the same support as everyone else.

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
They could always charge for additional updates, you know, for those people who want the latest version but cannot upgrade for another year or 2 because they are locked into a contract and they don't wanna buy a new phone outright.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, if it ment that they would release it on time, i would gladly pay for it (as long as it was $10 or less). I mean you pay to upgrade your computer why not?

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes that would not be too bad. Well supposivley the lg G2 will be anoounced next month. That should launch with the newest version of android hopefully they don't forget about us lg pro owners. The G2 will be on all carriers.

Andrew White2

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I hope 4.4 (Kit Kat) does head our way in January. LG should be one of the first considered, bearing in mind that it has now produced the last 2 Nexus smartphones for Google.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20