Why did my phone yawn ?? Cool ... but weird !

jwxoxo

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My main reason for the post is bc while using the browser (I was visiting Amazon.com and a few other sites) my phone yawned SEVERAL times. Yes, it actually yawned !! My three year old said it's yawning "because it's sleepy". However cute her explanation was I thought I was losing my mind and still have no answer! Anyways I've had the G Pro for exactly one week now .. How I came to be a LG junky .. well, I'm a big fan of HTC but grow tired of familiarity quickly and the HTC One is just.. well not for me. So I've been on a phone testing spree for a couple months now. I've never been a fan of Samsung but gave the SIII a shot and hated it. Go figure! Simple things like taking pictures while making a call are important to me, I've got little ones and like keeping moments! Anyways I moved from the SIII to the Optimus. It was clean and sleek but seemed kind of small. Not a big deal compared to all the things I love. I did some research and found the G Pro and fell in love with the original Optimus's giant big brother. If you know why my phone yawned or know any tips on use or secrets or just wanna share something you think is cool ... feel free :)

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
how does a phone yawn am i missing something anyway the LG Optimums G Pro is great i am loving it as you can see by my sig line i have lots of phones i am a junkie for them regardless of OS.

jwxoxo

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
how does a phone yawn am i missing something
Yes, I'd say you're missing that that was a question. The entire reason for my post. The phone made a yawning noise (just a human would) several times in fact! I do not know what cause the yawn however I know what things did not contribute .. like the web page I was looking at bc I looked at several and I didn't have any apps installed so that is not the cause either.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Could it have been an ad in the background? Perhaps check the tabs running in your browser.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Droid DNA
S-off, boot loader unlocked
illusion CM10.1

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
My LGOG used to yawn but I told it yawning at your owner was disrespectful and something I would only expect from an iPhone; not an Android device.

It didn't like being compared to an iPhone. Hasn't yawned since. :p

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

jwxoxo

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Could it have been an ad in the background? Perhaps check the tabs running in your browser.

I thought it could be the same thing. So I checked but I didn't haven't anything that would've made much difference open. But I closed them anyways and when it continued to yawn I changed web pages, closed the browser completely, killed my apps, opened it back and low and behold ..... it still yawned ! It finally stopped but then again I went to bed so... I dunno.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
My LGOG used to yawn but I told it yawning at your owner was disrespectful and something I would only expect from an iPhone; not an Android device.

It didn't like being compared to an iPhone. Hasn't yawned since. :p

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

Lol.

Posted via Android Central App

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I thought it could be the same thing. So I checked but I didn't haven't anything that would've made much difference open. But I closed them anyways and when it continued to yawn I changed web pages, closed the browser completely, killed my apps, opened it back and low and behold ..... it still yawned ! It finally stopped but then again I went to bed so... I dunno.

This sounds awesome! Is there a way you can record it so we can see/hear it?

Sent from my AT&T Galaxy Note 2 on top of a BeanStalk

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Simple, it was time for bed and the lg was just as tired as you were, if not more. I mean with all the email and web pages you made it load through out the day, it was just tuckered out.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible that someone changed your notification sound or something to a custom recording of a yawn, and was sending you messages to mess with your head?

Any possible events going on at the same time? Battery reaching a certain level, etc?

jwxoxo

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Any possible events going on at the same time? Battery reaching a certain level, etc?

Nope! When it started happening .. I stopped and checked EVERYTHING. I wasn't receiving any messages, not text, facebook, twitter, Instagram, Path .. NOTHING . My notification sound was set to whatever it is when you first get the phone and I don't remember my exact battery percent but I do know it wasn't on the charger and had a little over 50%. I just found it strange that I cant find anything about it yet when I google "why is my phone yawning" an ad for the LG Optimus G is the very first thing that shows up. I read the specs and features a million times ... still nothing

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
It hasn't done it since, well that I've noticed. But if it does I'll see if I can record it.. that's not a horrible idea actually.

I just contacted TAPS once they respond we can try to get a case set up that phone needs to be investigated. :)

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech