Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Life Shorter Than Expected - What am I doing wrong??

I recently purchased the LG Optimus G Pro and absolutely love the phone. However, I have one question regarding the battery life. All of the reviews that I have seen has the battery life lasting a full day on one charge. However, I can't go six hours before I'm looking for a wall charger somewhere. I have my brightness at 50 percent most of the time. I do use blue tooth headphones at work. No gps and while at work I'm on the 4g network. I stream music that is already on my phone not Pandora or any other music app. I'm also using juice defender as well what gives??
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 07-11-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Default Re: What am I doing wrong??

First off, uninstall Juice Defender. "Battery Booster" apps don't do anything but hurt your battery life. Post screenshots of your screen in Settings/Battery and Settings/Battery/Screen
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Is this what you were asking for?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Shorter Than Expected - What am I doing wrong??-2013-07-09-18-30-48.jpg   Battery Life Shorter Than Expected - What am I doing wrong??-2013-07-09-18-29-53.jpg  

Here is mine I use no special utilities one is LTE the other is WiFi

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Shorter Than Expected - What am I doing wrong??-uploadfromtaptalk1373416871026.jpg   Battery Life Shorter Than Expected - What am I doing wrong??-uploadfromtaptalk1373416900695.jpg  
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes i know you are one of the guys I was talking about getting great battery life. Do you even use your phone? Lol. I want battery life like that! Apparently I'm doing something wrong.

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    Stock

I'm at 3 hours 26 minutes screen-on time at about 40% and 4 hours 26 minutes total time since I took it off the charger at 100%. Battery is at 41%.

I've been getting around 5 to 6 hours of actual screen time, or a solid day if I don't use the screen a lot. But that doesn't happen often. LOL

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro.
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by penningtonsm View Post
    Yes i know you are one of the guys I was talking about getting great battery life. Do you even use your phone? Lol. I want battery life like that! Apparently I'm doing something wrong.

I do use my phone the screen time is there the thing is I make sure the time out is at the lowest setting and I use mainly for tweeting texting YouTube emails and some gaming I don't talk as much I travel a lot for work so music which doesn't kill the battery not sure I do not use the save power mode but I do have the button turned on to optimize the chip

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

ROM
    Stock

Gathered my battery stats today. Sent these in reply to a pm but figured they might be useful for someone else...

Screen has been on at 60% for 3h 17m. And consumed 64% of battery usage.

Phone has been on with one reboot for 7 hours. About six of them on Wi-Fi with weak cell, the test in relatively strong cell signal, all hspa. Had ingress running for about an hour and it accounts for 13% of battery usage.

Battery is currently at 17%.

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro.
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

After watching it a couple of days, I came to realize that if you are a heavy user like myself (i am constantly on my phone doing something) you can get about seven hours of battery life. So I purchased another battery. Problem solved!

ROM
    Stock

After watching it a couple of days, I came to realize that if you are a heavy user like myself (i am constantly on my phone doing something) you can get about seven hours of battery life. So I purchased another battery. Problem solved!

There's always the ZeroLemon option:

Amazon.com: [180 days warranty] ZeroLemon LG Optimus G Pro 9300mAh Extended Battery + Free Black Extended TPU Full Edge Protection Case with 180 days Zero Lemon Guarantee Warranty (Compatible with LG Optimus G Pro , T-Mobile Optimus G Pro , Sprint Op

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Default Re: Battery Life Shorter Than Expected - What am I doing wrong??

Thought about that, but the extra girth was just too much for me. I'll just slip an extra battery in my pocket everyday. It's what I had to do with my GS3.

ROM
    Stock

Thought about that, but the extra girth was just too much for me. I'll just slip an extra battery in my pocket everyday. It's what I had to do with my GS3.
    I hear ya. I'm used to the extra girth, having carried an HTC Thunderbolt around for the last two years, with the extended battery so it wouldn't die on me on my 20-minute commute home.

OK, OK, I'm exaggerating. It would only die when I got caught in traffic for 10 more minutes. LOL
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Got my spare battery in the mail yesterday. Now I can enjoy my Optimus G Pro like is was intended to be enjoyed! Brightness up, notifications on, live wallpapers, really taking advantage of that 1080p screen. I'm a happy man!

limitbreak09 likes this.

Got my spare battery in the mail yesterday. Now I can enjoy my Optimus G Pro like is was intended to be enjoyed! Brightness up, notifications on, live wallpapers, really taking advantage of that 1080p screen. I'm a happy man!

What spare battery did u get?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Got one made by Acesoft. EBay special.

Got one made by Acesoft. EBay special.

Oh I got that one too! The one that comes with external charger. I ended up buying another spare like hyperion and the Zerolemon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Pretty sure I'm going to end up getting the zero lemon 9800mah battery. Should last me all day without having to change batteries. I'll see.

i got the zero lemon this bad boy is great it may be large and make your phone heavier but its worth it i must hate the tpu case it comes with but i haven't charged the phone in 3 days its 65% discharged great battery i will post some screen shots once it dies completely
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

I have seen some reviews that says the case is a little loose. Do you agree with this, or would you say that it's just as tight as any other case?

I have seen some reviews that says the case is a little loose. Do you agree with this, or would you say that it's just as tight as any other case?

On mine it really is not it seemed to tight the first few days as the screen shot would activate if I just barely touched it bit day 4 all is good now for the good part day 4 still have not had to charge battery 59hrs expected time remaining 64hrs I have 40% screen usage I have it turned up to 90% brightness since Saturday this might make your phone hefty but it's worth it

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Okay here are some stats this is both on WiFi. And LTE. Since Friday afternoon

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Shorter Than Expected - What am I doing wrong??-uploadfromtaptalk1374503814018.jpg  
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

What are your screen on hours?

Hope this helps I am taking this on vacation Wednesday so the real test begins so far I haven't charged this since Friday.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Shorter Than Expected - What am I doing wrong??-uploadfromtaptalk1374551374424.jpg   Battery Life Shorter Than Expected - What am I doing wrong??-uploadfromtaptalk1374551393525.jpg   Battery Life Shorter Than Expected - What am I doing wrong??-uploadfromtaptalk1374551423824.jpg  
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

How is it you have less than seven hours of screen on time in four days?

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by I747 View Post
    First off, uninstall Juice Defender. "Battery Booster" apps don't do anything but hurt your battery life.
    The worst advice I've gotten about this topic. I followed the advice but couldn't get more than six hours total. I since reinstalled juice defender and am getting about 11 hours with heavy use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast