Software update from AT&T!

ternell99

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I got a notification of an update just a few minutes ago and tried to download it but got the "Server unavailable at this time" error. Maybe I had a weak signal. Does anyone know what the update is? 4.2.2 or the Essentials pack that the International version got? Thanks.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm getting the message that I'm up to date and can't check for another 12 hours 49 minutes, whatever that means. I tapped on the "check for updates" last night and got a message that my phone had not been set up or something, so I guess I'll see what tomorrow brings.

ternell99

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings and change the date/time ahead 24hrs and try again...I got it to download and install....Its still 4.1.2 but software version E98010K, Kernel version 3.4.0, build JZ054K....I havent found any changes yet

ternell99

May 24, 2013
Visit site
OK, I found it...its the Value Pack upgrade...Eye recognition, dual camera and a few other things...Works flawlessly! I hope it doesnt kill battery life, Ill just have to disable it! Now waiting for the 4.2 Update....Even though I think the phone is awesome as is!

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine about 2 weeks ago and it came with those features, (eye recognition and dual camera), so does that mean i already have this update? I just tried to update and the server timed out.

I have software version : E98010g, Build : JZO54K, kernal: 3.4.0

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I got the update. Build Number is JZO54K with software version E980k. I also already had the eye recognition and cameras. Other than a battery manager and data manager app shortcuts in the apps page, both of which just open their respective setting page, I haven't noticed any other differences.

Can still root after the update (looking at you, Verizon).

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
RE: Eye Recognition...

I've never seen anything about it. But I don't watch a lot of video or anything so I wouldn't know for sure.

ternell99

May 24, 2013
Visit site
We didnt have the Smart video feature and I think it may be something different with the dual camera...I guess! I know for sure I didnt have the Smart Video setting before.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
There's an article up on it now.

LG Optimus G Pro 'Value Pack' now available via OTA update | Android Central

Features (cribbed from the article):

New Tools:

- Smart Video intelligently recognizes the position of a user's eyes, automatically pausing the video when the user looks away and then restarting it once they resume active viewing.
- Dual Camera, an extension of the Dual Recording feature, lets users simultaneously capture photos of the subject and the shooter using both the front and back cameras for a picture-in-picture composition, so both sides of an experience are snapped and saved.
- Pause & Resume Recording allows user to pause video in record mode and then restart the recording to create one continuous video file.

Enhanced Quick Remote Function:

- Magic Remote Pad is designed to work with LG Smart TVs released in 2012 and after, allowing for smoother, more intuitive navigation.
- Text Keypad transforms LG Optimus G Pro into a convenient input device for LG Smart TVs.

New and improved communication and notification functions:
- The HomeButton LED now also gives users the ability to customize alerts as well as the LED color of notifications from their favorite contacts.
- Additionally, users can now select from 800 color emoticons when texting or emailing.

And, bizarrely enough, setting my clock ahead two days is allowing me to check for the update. o_O It's still waiting to check so time will tell if it's actually available to me yet.

Many thanks, ternell99, for pointing me to that little trick.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Update: AT&T's servers are kicking back a message that my phone is not registered. I'll have to call support, I guess. *sigh*.

Oh, well.

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Mines is downloading right now. 65mb over my WiFi connection, thank goodness I have a 50mb connection so I don't have to waste my 4G data.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Because my phone is rooted the update did not install. Any rooted users get it installed?

You can't install a stock ota with rooted recovery. Especially on samsung devices, the ota will check to see if you are rooted and will only flash if your device status is "normal".

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Damn it keeps saying server is busy, I thought only 10 people bought this phone. I've already tried 4 times and everytime i have to keep setting the date ahead.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
On the phone with AT&T now, who actually called LG to find out why my phone is receiving a "Your phone is not registered yet." message.

The rep tried to convince me that I actually already have the update, but my version number is E98010g. My assumption is that the value pack is in E98010k, correct? That's what the screenshot on the article shows.

Update: AT&T of course suggested a factory reset, which I dutifully did, same message. Contacting LG now. (sigh)

Update to the update: LG tells me that the "your phone is not registered yet" is a normal message, to be expected when the server is overloaded, and if I have not received the update in a week I can call them back. So, now for a question...

Is anyone seeing the message I have attached at all?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-15-13-57-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-15-13-57-05.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Software update from AT&T!

Will an AT&T unlocked LG Optimus G Pro with a Straight Talk sim card receive this update?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc