How to remove this annoying at&t address book

sharodell

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: How to remove this annoying at&t address book (this will work)

I found this in an old post and tried several times until I saw another post with this formula *#*#2666#*#* and tried it on my lg phoenix2 and it did the trick. You just check registration and click complete. Just purchased this phone new for $29.99 through best buy on black friday and a tracfone sim kit and activated it today. No unlock required and I will post the data apn info for anyone needing it. You just have to add a new apn Name: TRACFONE, APN: RESELLER ,Authentication type: NONE, mmsc: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net, mms proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net, mms port: 80,mms apn type: default,mms,supl. Again this was for the AT&T gophone LG Phoenix 2.

DiverDiB

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S6 Edge and I can't stop AT&T Contact Book from syncing. I have disabled it from the website and I just removed my phone from AT&T so I hope that stops it. I want to force stop the app but can't figure out how. Anybody know?

swipper_74

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I think This worked previously on my AT&T branded ZTE ZMAX 2 that I'm using on Cricket, but since updating the phone to Android 6.0.1 OTA, this doesn't seem to work anymore. When dialing *#*#2666#*#* nothing happens, it just clears and is ready to dial a number again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ThisguyfromLA

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I don't know if this method will work on your Motorola phone but it is the procedure I used to remove the AT&T phone book from my LG G2 phone. type in star # star # 2666 # star# star then hit registration to completed and the pop up will disappear.

This worked on my LG V10 that I'm using on Cricket wireless. Thanks!

Internetdrifter

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
Searched and searched the internet to get this annoying AT&T Address Book loading problem to stop (on my unlocked android) to no avail. I just paid closer attention to that loading screen (that would last about a full minute each time I tried to use the phone or access my contacts) when I noticed it said AAB syncing. I checked my settings-apps and sure enough there it was AAB Sync. I looked it up and it is the AT&T Address Book synchronization app. I force stopped it, disabled it, and cleared the cache for it and now, so far, I have not had that loading delay at all. My phone and contacts app pop up immediately! PHEW!!!

Itzik Goren

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
It s does work !
tried it now on a AT&T LG5 and it managed to remove the annoying ATT address book from the dialer.
I did as written above - dialed the sequence from the dialer keypad
* # * # 2666 # * # *
Then a menu was opened, i choose on registration COMPLETED and that's all.
Rebooted my device and successfully got rid from the AT&T address Book sync.
Thank you !

hoang51

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
Dialing *#*#2666#*#* and selecting "Registration" and then under "Select Registration Settings", choosing "Completed" definitely removed the issue of AT&T Address Book loading up whenever I use the phone app and it gets stuck at "SIM loading progress". Without doing so, AT&T Address Book would keep on initializing and would not stop. This worked for me on my AT&T LG V10 (H900) with Android 6.0 (H90021Y). This issue popped up after I left AT&T and ported over to T-Mobile over a month ago. Thanks. :)

larahgo

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Quick solution on this topic syncing att contacts
go to CONTACTS/MORE/SETTINGS /CONTACTS TO DISPLAY / in my case my Gmail account
problem solve I never got the annoying message again even after restart
hope it helps
galaxy note 5 6.0.1 remember to back up your contacts always on your Gmail account

zapjb

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Post #5 saved my sanity TY. AT&T branded LG G4

"*#*#2666#*#* then hit registration to completed and the pop up will disappear."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress