Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can QSlide be removed/disabled from the notification center without rooting

Hi. Im trying to decide between getting an HTC one...and an Lg Optimus G Pro. Im leaning twords the Pro except for one thing.

QSlide. While i dont mind the app by itself....the fact you cant turn it off in the notification bar is insane...especially the fact it takes up so much room. Ive heard you can remove it if you root your device....but i know me. Ill **** that up good. Im not rooting. If there a way to get rid of it? Launchers? Anything?

Can Launchers change the pull down notification menu...

Are there programs that can alter its look?

Or is that just down by rooting your device?

Default Re: Can QSlide be removed/disabled from the notification center without rooting

Please let there be a way to do this. It's so gods-be-damned annoying.

Default Re: Can QSlide be removed/disabled from the notification center without rooting

I rooted my G pro, it was the easiest thing I ever rooted. Three awesome things have come out of it; I got rid of the att logo in the status bar, I got rid of q slides in the notification tray and I added LMT pie controls. The pie controls make one handed operation that much easier.

Posted via Android Central App

Without rooting? I don't think so.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

I'm new to the android scene... I just rooted my LG OGP and ran the two verification programs instructed through the video, but now I don't know how I can change whatever. I'd like to do what you did with the qslide gone, att logo and check out that pie set up... How do you get this and how do you mod it to your liking? Do I need to have operating system experience to do so? Thanks for the help.

@BBJoe2011 Please provide links which ROM you gone for?
    Also my G Pro is E988 where as everywhere I can see ROM for E980.
    What is the Difference? Guide me.
    Thank You!!

Please provide links which ROM you gone for?
    Also my G Pro is E988 where as everywhere I can see ROM for E980.
    What is the Difference? Guide me.
    Thank You!!

Quote Originally Posted by BBJoe2011 View Post
    I rooted my G pro, it was the easiest thing I ever rooted. Three awesome things have come out of it; I got rid of the att logo in the status bar, I got rid of q slides in the notification tray and I added LMT pie controls. The pie controls make one handed operation that much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by BBJoe2011 View Post

I tried pie control bit it's not working on my device, can you lend a hand?

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app