First Android device. Question about the "apps" icon on my optimus g pro

Matt Northnun

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
So like the title says, this is my first Android device so this could be a very simple fix that i am simply unaware of. I want to move the "apps" icon off the bottom row of apps, but the icon automatically goes back to the spot on the bottom row where it was before i tried to drag it somewhere else. Am i doing something wrong here? Thanks for any help

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The only way to permanently change it is to install another launcher like nova or apex.

Sent from my T-mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
try remove it, usually it can.

When you select the "Apps" icon on the OGPro, the "Remove" area does not appear. You can move it to another slot on the bottom bar, but you can't move it onto the desktop, you can't remove it, and you can't make it part of a folder on the bottom bar (like you can with every other icon).

LG has designed it so you must have that icon in your bottom bar if you want to use their default launcher, probably to keep people from deleting it or moving it out of sight and losing access to their app drawer (since unlike some other launchers the app drawer does not appear on the launcher menu and once you've deleted it there's no way back in).

Not the wisest of design choices IMHO, but a minor quibble (also IMHO).

w0ng

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
well.. doenload other launcher from plsy store then, nova is my favourite.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34