Got Value Pack Upgrade, Cannot Use Dual Camera

ntotrr

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Today, the Value Pack was pushed to my Optimus G Pro (over WIFI). I now have the Smart Video feature but I cannot take still photos in dual camera mode. It works for video, not for stills. I watched an LG video showing how the camera is set to dual camera mode when taking stills - tap the "Scene" icon and a number of choices are available, one of them being "Dual Camera". On my phone, only "Normal" and "Night" are available after tapping the scene icon. Anyone know what gives? Was only a partial set of new features pushed?

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know, you can only use dual camera on video mode. If you wanted to take a dual picture then you would need to take A screen shot
of the video.

Posted via Android Central App

ntotrr

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I've seen some videos demonstrating how to take still photos in dual-camera mode but the option to do so on mine isn't there after the Value Pack update.

Here is a link to the video posted by LG after the Korean announcement was made. In the video, it notes at 1:03 that a still photo can be taken in dual-camera mode and demonstrates it. Note what is seen at approximately 1:18 - the user taps the scene icon and then gets a list of options to tap, one of them being dual-camera. When I tap the scene icon, I only get the options of "normal" and "Night". LG Optimus G Pro To Receive ‘Value Pack’ Upgrade April 12 | TalkAndroid.com

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I've seen some videos demonstrating how to take still photos in dual-camera mode but the option to do so on mine isn't there after the Value Pack update.

Here is a link to the video posted by LG after the Korean announcement was made. In the video, it notes at 1:03 that a still photo can be taken in dual-camera mode and demonstrates it. Note what is seen at approximately 1:18 - the user taps the scene icon and then gets a list of options to tap, one of them being dual-camera. When I tap the scene icon, I only get the options of "normal" and "Night". LG Optimus G Pro To Receive ?Value Pack? Upgrade April 12 | TalkAndroid.com

Ok I watched the video and then upgraded to the value Pack. I now have the dual camera and can now pause video. If your phone cannot do these things then your download of the value Pack didn't go through as designed. Have you tried downloading it a second time?

ntotrr

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok I watched the video and then upgraded to the value Pack. I now have the dual camera and can now pause video. If your phone cannot do these things then your download of the value Pack didn't go through as designed. Have you tried downloading it a second time?

Thanks for your time, much appreciated. I have dual camera for video and can pause video also. I can't use dual camera for still photos, even though that is one of the features of the value pack. That functionality just isn't there on my phone.

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your time, much appreciated. I have dual camera for video and can pause video also. I can't use dual camera for still photos, even though that is one of the features of the value pack. That functionality just isn't there on my phone.

I have both the dual camera on the video as well as the camera. Did you try pulling down the menu to further reveal options? I know when I hold the camera in landscape mode, I can't see dual camera until I pull down the options it's right under burst.

Jadien

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the "IA" setting on? That could make a difference...

Edit: Never mind, I noticed there are two icons with the mountain that look very similar, one says scene on it. Don't use that one, use the icon with just the mountain image. If you can't find it, open up the settings and rearrange the quick settings icons.

ntotrr

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the "IA" setting on? That could make a difference...

Edit: Never mind, I noticed there are two icons with the mountain that look very similar, one says scene on it. Don't use that one, use the icon with just the mountain image. If you can't find it, open up the settings and rearrange the quick settings icons.

Herein seems to be my problem. There is no "Shot Mode" icon which uses the mountain like the scene icon does. I only have "scene" in the quick menu choices. The icon choices I have in the quick menu are: Swap camera, Cheese shutter, Beauty Shot, Brightness, Image size, Scene mode, White balance, Color effect, Timer, Auto Review, Geotagging, Save as flipped, Shutter sound, and Storage. I do not have the "Shot mode" icon to choose in the menu.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine works fine. In the stock camera setup if you haven't messed with the controls yet, you want to select the middle icon (the one with the mountain) and you'l get the "normal", "HDR", "panorama" etc options. "Dual Camera" is right under "Beauty Shot" but you have to scroll down to it if you are in landscape.

If you don't see it, something went wrong.

disclaimer: I was unable to use the Over-the-Air upgrade, and instead downloaded the new firmware and did it as a factory recovery install. That means that I did the equivalent of a factory reset and may or may not be running the exact same image you are.

But if you don't see that option, you may want to try a factory reset - back up your pictures and stuff first because your phone will be wiped clean.

ntotrr

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine works fine. In the stock camera setup if you haven't messed with the controls yet, you want to select the middle icon (the one with the mountain) and you'l get the "normal", "HDR", "panorama" etc options. "Dual Camera" is right under "Beauty Shot" but you have to scroll down to it if you are in landscape.

If you don't see it, something went wrong.

disclaimer: I was unable to use the Over-the-Air upgrade, and instead downloaded the new firmware and did it as a factory recovery install. That means that I did the equivalent of a factory reset and may or may not be running the exact same image you are.

But if you don't see that option, you may want to try a factory reset - back up your pictures and stuff first because your phone will be wiped clean.

A factory reset worked. This was strange behavior. At first, I had thought that I was mistaken about the dual-camera mode because it has to be enabled when the camera is set for the rear-view. In front-view, it cannot be enabled. But sure enough, in rear-view, the camera worked the same. No "Shot mode" icon, only "Settings" that gave only two options. I went as far as going to the nearest AT&T company store and having it checked. The tech was as baffled as I was as to why my camera was working the way it was. He offered to backup everything and take care of the reset but that was something I could easily handle on my own so I took care of it. In spite of this glitch, I love this phone and don't understand why I don't more of them in people
s hands rather than the S4. Actually, it was when I took my son to get a new S4 for him that I saw the LG and decided to get it for myself. Couldn't pass up the $100.00 trade-in so I got the phone without laying out any money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34