Default Re: Gps turns on during phone calls

Ok i will give it a try. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Don't forget to let us know if this works for you

Enviado desde mi LG-E980 usando Tapatalk 2

This is getting on my nerves. WTF could possibly need to know my location every few minutes? Has AT&T said anything about this? Or perhaps even LG?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

I have not heard anything from att or lg about this. I just got a replacement last night and I have not had it happen yet. It had all the same software versions and apps installed. But usually it took a bit for it to happen.

Also I had gone into an art Corp store and my GPS was turning when. I was there not making a call. I turned it off and it would immediately turn back on.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

I believe that I've found the culprit for this. The Accu-Weather app (the weather and clock widget) tries to read the location settings hourly. There is no toggle for it, and it automatically turns on the GPS if it was turned off.

Go into the app, take off the 'automatic' city (the one with the red location arrow next to it) and it will still update the weather but it won't touch the GPS anymore.

Ever since I've done that I haven't seen any more occurrence of this.

Tried what you suggested with the Accu-Weather app. Didn't work. GPS still turns on when making or receiving calls.

I still havent tried to root my phone yet waiting for the replacement first.

I hope when i get my replacement phone that it will fix this gps issue. I didnt understand the last part of what you said? Did the replacement phone turn on the gps when u made a phone call just like your previous phone?

I gave you a way to fix it :banghead:

I tried everything before turning off a lot of stuff ,freezing apps but GPS icon always come back... after killing services I haven't seen the icon again only when I need to use Google maps...I restored my phone to factory setting like 3 times and the icon always come back... I think the way I gave you is the only one to fix it even if you get a new phone the problem will appear I know a lot of g pro users with same problem...

If you are scared of rooting your device try to watch the video as many times until you feel secure on doing it..I have root all my android devices and never have a problem...even a S4 I got a long time.. I rooted the same day I get it and didn't like so I unrooted the device very easy never have problems with warranty or any other stuff...

:thumbup:

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

U didn't give us a way to fix it. Most ppl don't want to root there phone for many reason. Now if u came up with something that didn't require a person yo root there phone then I'd try it.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Quote Originally Posted by amateur_android_user View Post
    I hope when i get my replacement phone that it will fix this gps issue. I didnt understand the last part of what you said? Did the replacement phone turn on the gps when u made a phone call just like your previous phone?

With my replacement it has not happened and I have had the phone for just over two days. With my old phone after a factory reset it turn back on after a few hours.

Ok... so your brand new phone is not getting that bug that's cool BUT...see you soon!!!

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

That fine, If it happens again I'll just get a different make and model phone. So if I were to have rooted it I couldn't do that because it voids the warranty. So in events like this in case there is something wrong it's covered.

Ok I understand your situation...
    I rooted my S3 and the phone break down, at the beginning I was scared of going to best b.. and claim the warranty so I looked for a way to unroot it and it was simple, then I went to the store and get one brand new again...

Of course rooting a phone without any knowledge on computer can brick your phone...don't take that risk!!

This is my first LG phone I get and the bug appear 16 days after I bought it ,I was really mad because I couldn't return it, so the script was the only way to. FIX FOR ME if you have the opportunity to change phone well do it if this bug bother you...

Good look with the new phone:beer:

Quote Originally Posted by TheyStoleMyName View Post
    With my replacement it has not happened and I have had the phone for just over two days. With my old phone after a factory reset it turn back on after a few hours.

Well i hope your new replacement wont encounter the same issue with the gps as before. Because im having the same exact issue with my LG currently did everything to fix it and it always comes back like the plague. Still waiting for my replacement phone hopefully by tomorrow. And i wish you goodluck with your new replacement because ill need the same. Keep me updated. Thanks

U didn't give us a way to fix it. Most ppl don't want to root there phone for many reason. Now if u came up with something that didn't require a person yo root there phone then I'd try it.

I agree with you a 100%. Thats not how to properly fix this issue its just basically going around the issue and doing something else. And im not the best at attempting new things that im not familiar with so if i screw up i dont wanna render my phone useless and void my warranty. Id rather wait for my replacement and hope for the best. If that doesnt work then just like you said ill get a different make and model phone that is covered by my warranty.

OK Guys, I talked to a buddy of mine that's Tier2 at AT&T TS.

You have to go to from your browser WHILE ON MOBILE (wifi won't work), then hit opt-out. Then restart your phone.

This is not phone specific. This is for ANY AT&T device.

Quote Originally Posted by inibrius View Post
    OK Guys, I talked to a buddy of mine that's Tier2 at AT&T TS.

You have to go to from your browser WHILE ON MOBILE (wifi won't work), then hit opt-out. Then restart your phone.

This is not phone specific. This is for ANY AT&T device.
    Thanks for the help but what you suggested to do didnt work. Still have gps turning on.

Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

So far after a few days i have not had my gps turn on at all. Ill keep u up today if it does but my new replacement seems to be working fine.

So far after a few days i have not had my gps turn on at all. Ill keep u up today if it does but my new replacement seems to be working fine.

Cool well lets hope it stays that way. I got my phone brand new back in late may and it didnt start doing this gps thing until about 2 weeks ago. But i appreciate the update.

I noticed this problem back in the beginning of summer.Called AT&T and of course they couldn't help. I thought maybe I was turning it on by error. After I went through Google location settings and turning them completely off, it stopped happening. But it started once again 2 weeks ago. I turn it off and watch it turn right back on. It does it every time I receive or make a phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggs McBroom View Post
    I noticed this problem back in the beginning of summer.Called AT&T and of course they couldn't help. I thought maybe I was turning it on by error. After I went through Google location settings and turning them completely off, it stopped happening. But it started once again 2 weeks ago. I turn it off and watch it turn right back on. It does it every time I receive or make a phone call.
    If i was you if you still have warranty left on your phone i would turn it in for a replacement. That seems the only thing that fixes the problem so far. Im still waiting on my replacement. So we shall see if the problem comes back. Hopefully not because if so i foresee a different phone im my future.

I have also had this same problem. However after looking through AT&T's website for the LG Optimus G Pro, I found a way that helped my phone stop doing that, I suggest to try it out to see if it works for you.
    Go to Settings > General > Location Access > Turn on "Access to my location" > Check Wi-fi & mobile network location > Uncheck GPS satellites > Turn off "Access to my location". I hope it helps someone.
    Thanked by:
    limitbreak09 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownTiger07 View Post
    I have also had this same problem. However after looking through AT&T's website for the LG Optimus G Pro, I found a way that helped my phone stop doing that, I suggest to try it out to see if it works for you.
    Go to Settings > General > Location Access > Turn on "Access to my location" > Check Wi-fi & mobile network location > Uncheck GPS satellites > Turn off "Access to my location". I hope it helps someone.
    Wow thank you i think it worked for me!! Although i have to leave the access my location on, but no biggy as long as this damb thing is not turning on anymore!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast