GPS turns on during phone calls

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Gps turns on during phone calls

I think I will go with the 3rd choice. If the GPS issue re appears. I will take advantage of my warranty and get a entirely different device. Although I will miss my LG Optimus G Pro.

Posted via Android Central App

Just a quick question about warranty, Ive never done it before so if you have are they goin to replace your fone for free or not?

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

amateur_android_user

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

Just a quick question about warranty, Ive never done it before so if you have are they goin to replace your fone for free or not?

Well I've never got a different device only the same one. But I'm pretty sure they will let me exchange it for a different device if the replacement phone starts experiencing the same issue with the GPS. And yes it will be for free that's the whole point of having warranty because your phone is covered for free for up to a full year. I just got my phone on a upgrade back in May so fortunately I got plenty of time left.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Well I've never got a different device only the same one. But I'm pretty sure they will let me exchange it for a different device if the replacement phone starts experiencing the same issue with the GPS. And yes it will be for free that's the whole point of having warranty because your phone is covered for free for up to a full year. I just got my phone on a upgrade back in May so fortunately I got plenty of time left.

Oh ok ty. But my issue got resolved thanks to browntigers post. Did you try to do that aswell? Because after I check the wifi and mobile location and leaving the access location ON but unchecking the gps, i never had any problems since then. I dnt see that damn thing gps blinking on my status bar anymore thank god..

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

I talked to atts warranty about this and they are replacing my LG with a different make and model. Glad I didn't root it.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site

I talked to atts warranty about this and they are replacing my LG with a different make and model. Glad I didn't root it.

Browntiger's post worked for me, but if i'm able to get an LG G2 i'm willing to part with my OGP. What phone were you able to get??

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Browntiger's post worked for me, but if i'm able to get an LG G2 i'm willing to part with my OGP. What phone were you able to get??

If I use my warranty, you guys think I can get a note 2 as replacement? Lol I was thinking note 3 but I doubt it lol.

amateur_android_user

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

Oh ok ty. But my issue got resolved thanks to browntigers post. Did you try to do that aswell? Because after I check the wifi and mobile location and leaving the access location ON but unchecking the gps, i never had any problems since then. I dnt see that damn thing gps blinking on my status bar anymore thank god..

Your welcome. No unfortunately I never had a chance to try that, because by the time browntiger posted it I already had sent my phone back to get my replacement. But if the GPS does happen to occur again I will most definitely use the steps browntiger posted, and see if it works before I exchange my phone for a different one.

amateur_android_user

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

That's great! Well I hope your new phone works flawlessly for you. What kind did you end up getting?

amateur_android_user

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

If I use my warranty, you guys think I can get a note 2 as replacement? Lol I was thinking note 3 but I doubt it lol.

I'm sure you will be able to get the note 2 because it's pretty much the equivalent to the LG OGP but the note 3 you can keep dreaming about because that ain't gonna happen lol

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

That way works but I don't want any of my location services turned on. It sends data that I don't want it to and tracks what I do by Google and other apps. It my be anonymous but that's a lie because they have targeted ads. Any who they gave me the option of a HTC one, note 2, or gs4. I took the gs4. I have the one and I had the note 2. Didn't care much for the note 2, LG was better. I wanted a good screen. Gs4 does that for me.

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site

That way works but I don't want any of my location services turned on. It sends data that I don't want it to and tracks what I do by Google and other apps. It my be anonymous but that's a lie because they have targeted ads. Any who they gave me the option of a HTC one, note 2, or gs4. I took the gs4. I have the one and I had the note 2. Didn't care much for the note 2, LG was better. I wanted a good screen. Gs4 does that for me.

So i'm assuming there's no way they would offer me the LG G2 :(

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Since I resolved this gps problem by just turning on access location, maybe before my warranty expires I'll go to atnt retail store and show them that my fone is defective so I can replace a new one just within a year lol.

Weckljr

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

This phone is a nightmare. My first unit worked normal until after the 14 day exchange period expired. Then the GPS problem started up. Talked to LG and he blew smoke up my **** and said I was the first to complain about this problem. Went to local AT&T store and told they are not aware of any issues and sorry, nothing we can do. I call customer support and they have me to a factory reset. This solved it until I powered my phone up the next morning, then GPS issue came back again. I had a replacement unit sent to me. It worked problem free for almost two weeks then It started with the same GPS issues, but now things are worse. It now turns the GPS on every time I disconnect from a charger, make or receive a call, or will run silently in the back ground without even displaying icon in top left of screen. I just called AT&T support again and they refused to switch me to a different brand device so I'm stuck with this turd for two years. Replacement number 2 is on it's way. I'm not holding my breath that it will make any difference.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

This phone is a nightmare. My first unit worked normal until after the 14 day exchange period expired. Then the GPS problem started up. Talked to LG and he blew smoke up my **** and said I was the first to complain about this problem. Went to local AT&T store and told they are not aware of any issues and sorry, nothing we can do. I call customer support and they have me to a factory reset. This solved it until I powered my phone up the next morning, then GPS issue came back again. I had a replacement unit sent to me. It worked problem free for almost two weeks then It started with the same GPS issues, but now things are worse. It now turns the GPS on every time I disconnect from a charger, make or receive a call, or will run silently in the back ground without even displaying icon in top left of screen. I just called AT&T support again and they refused to switch me to a different brand device so I'm stuck with this turd for two years. Replacement number 2 is on it's way. I'm not holding my breath that it will make any difference.

Turn off all gps and location services whennit happens and it will doil it again. Tell att warranty support that its a privacy issue and u want a different make and model.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Do this set up and trust me! everything is gonna go back to normal.

Turn On your access location, check the wifi and mobile location and uncheck the gps sattellite.

I was soooo mad and pissed off before because the gps was turning ON every effin 5 mins!! Or everytime Im calling someone. So try this I'll bet you that it will work.

amateur_android_user

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

Turn off all gps and location services whennit happens and it will doil it again. Tell att warranty support that its a privacy issue and u want a different make and model.

So far so good with my replacement device but it's only been a week and a couple days. So we shall see. I got my fingers crossed but if the GPS issue comes back I'm going to take your advice and tell att the same thing. If it worked for you I'm sure it will work for all of us who have been dealing with this GPS fiasco.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

Do this set up and trust me! everything is gonna go back to normal.

Turn On your access location, check the wifi and mobile location and uncheck the gps sattellite.

I was soooo mad and pissed off before because the gps was turning ON every effin 5 mins!! Or everytime Im calling someone. So try this I'll bet you that it will work.

Yea that fixes the gps turning on automatically. It doesnt fix the issue if u don't want google or other apps accessing ur location or using data and what not. It shouldnt be happening. Something on yge phine is turning it in when it should not be able to. Its one thing to have something track u with out u knowing but its a whole different thing when u see it happening. Theres a flaw with the phone that att or lg or google does not acknowledge. So its a privacy problem in my books.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

So far so good with my replacement device but it's only been a week and a couple days. So we shall see. I got my fingers crossed but if the GPS issue comes back I'm going to take your advice and tell att the same thing. If it worked for you I'm sure it will work for all of us who have been dealing with this GPS fiasco.

If u can get a store model phone to do it then it shouldnt be a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan