Typing - some review said it was bad

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Some guy in a review said that the G Pro was the WORST typing experience he had ever had on any phone. Ever.

I never heard any other reviewer bringing this up. If it was that bad I guess someone would've said it

How's the typing for you? As far as predicting and correcting your typos.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Some guy in a review said that the G Pro was the WORST typing experience he had ever had on any phone. Ever.

I never heard any other reviewer bringing this up. If it was that bad I guess someone would've said it

How's the typing for you? As far as predicting and correcting your typos.

In case no one has said, Welcome to the forums!
I have never heard of this before either. However, I view this review as irrelevant, due to if you don't like the stock keyboard, get a different one.

herculesinwyoming

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Swift key is always one of my first downloads on a new device. Yes the stock keyboard on the g pro is pretty tiny, I didnt bother to test it out but itwas bad.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The built-in keyboard is OK, but it does seem to have a tendency to pick obscure words that I didn't mean, particularly when swiping. I do like it a lot because it has permanent numbers on the top row (a surprisingly rare feature for a keyboard), swiping, and a few other niceties. I'm still investigating alternatives.

But I also turn off autocorrect the instant I install any keyboard. I'd rather leave my typos in place than have my keyboard pick a correct word that I didn't mean.

However, this would be a really unfortunate reason to turn down a phone. It already includes the AOSP Android keyboard as an alternative, and there are so many Android keyboards out there.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
i found the stock keyboard awesome. I tried a few others and went back to the stock keyboard. loved it.

Yeah, I keep going back and forth. The really odd part is its complete inability to understand my swiping. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I seem to have more trouble swiping (which is my preferred input method) on the LG Keyboard than any other. Not by a lot, but enough that long text entry becomes occasionally tedious.

However, it is a *very* well-designed keyboard for this screen size. Period and comma readily available. Numbers across the top. Reasonably-chosen long-press alternates. Predictive text which is pretty good (there are times when I can type good chunks of a sentence by just following its predictions of what I am about to say). Nice dark theme (biz). Design and feature-wise, it is really a standard by which other keyboards should be judged. It is exceptional.

marcus0263

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
i found the stock keyboard awesome. I tried a few others and went back to the stock keyboard. loved it.

Yeah same here, surprising also is that I've also stuck with the stock launcher. Had to root the phone to get the scrap AT&T useless bloatware off, but that's a given. Wish the carriers would get a clue.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool