Battery Life on the G Pro

adam1314#IM

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the S4 and am really enjoying it, but was considering trading it in for Optimus G Pro, as I want the bigger screen to watch movies on. The one hangup I keep reading about is battery life. I have read through the threads on battery life on the G Pro but still am not convinced. It seems like a lot of people that have the Pro have at one point had the Note 2, the S4 or the One, which are the main competitors (for now). I have the S4 and had the Note 2, so what I would like to know is how does the G Pro compare battery wise? How fast does the battery recharge? Also, Amazon is selling the G Pro for $69 for an upgrade. That is insane!

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The G Pro charges extremely fast. The battery life is obviously going to depend on how and how often you use your device. Do you surf the Web a lot? Do you watch videos often? Do u out stream media a lot? All these things go will factor in battery life. I consider myself a '' habitual'' user. (that's more than a heavy user by the way) and I average around 7 hours of battery life when the time am at work. However, at home on constant wifi (plus I don't use it as much since I have other devices at home: pc, tablet, TV etc.) I can get a full days charge no problem. Here is a pic of a normal use on my off day.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1378494270542.jpg
    1378494270542.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 92

adam1314#IM

May 7, 2013
Visit site
It looks like you are getting great battery life, thanks for posting that. I am on my phone all the time, and I do watch a lot of movies on my phone. I stream Netflix, and You Tube, play games, and browse the internet. Based on your battery life I think I would be fine. I have a usb cable at my desk at work so I can keep it charged all day, then it looks like the battery life on wifi is excellent and so I should be fine for the rest of the night when I get home. I can also pick up an extra battery if I really needed it. I am intrigued by the Zero Lemon batteries but never pulled the trigger for my S4 or Note 2. One more question, does the stock texting app allow group texting? The Note 2's stock text app didn't but the S4 did.

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
One more question, does the stock texting app allow group texting? The Note 2's stock text app didn't but the S4 did.

Yes the stock app allows for group texting. I have heard a lot of good things about the zero lemon battery,so much so that I bought one myself. I haven't received it yet, but as soon as I do I'm going to post my review of it with results.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I get something around 4-5 hours of screen-on time at half brightness over a ten hour period and have no worries about battery under those circumstances. The only time the battery is a problem is when I'm playing Ingress, and even then it can manage 2-3 hours of that at 100% brightness, which is honestly no slouch battery-wise. I carry a 13Ah battery pack for extended sessions, which means I'm good for at least 12 hours of continuous play.

The Note II has legendary good battery life. The OG Pro is not as good as the Note II. But it holds its own against most other phones, even ones with a much smaller and less pretty screen.

Plus, ZeroLemon has a triple battery you can buy for under $50 so that should be good for a solid 10-15 hours of screen-on time and hard usage at reasonable brightness, if it's a major concern. It's a bit brick-ish, though.

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Plus, ZeroLemon has a triple battery you can buy for under $50 so that should be good for a solid 10-15 hours of screen-on time and hard usage at reasonable brightness, if it's a major concern. It's a bit brick-ish, though.

Just got my zerolemon in the mail today. Will give a full review after I drain it. (hopefully in three or four days)

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got my zerolemon in the mail today. Will give a full review after I drain it. (hopefully in three or four days)

Thanks. There's also a thread on that battery in this section, several people seem to like it a lot. Not many people who have the OGP and play Ingress, though, which is a real battery hog. LOL

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
With heavy use I can get around 14-18 hours out of it. On days where I'm busy and the phone is just idling, I can get days out of it.

Great battery in this beast phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Aliaga

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Can someone tell me what to do to get such great battery life. I've got a brand new phone. I turned all the sync off, screen brightness is on 20% (enough for indoor use). i have the power saving modes both turned on. The battery drains fast while I'm on the phone. But the battery is really good when the phone is idle not even a % lost :). I'm not going to root my phone so the stock UI will stay. Will appreciate all the tips you guys give me :) Is it maybe that i charged the phone only once and the battery is not "strong" enough yet. I don't know next to nothing about batteries.
Thank you for all the help :)

P.S.: How much screen time do you guys get out of the phone?

Last edited:

Sammo H

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the S4 and am really enjoying it, but was considering trading it in for Optimus G Pro, as I want the bigger screen to watch movies on. The one hangup I keep reading about is battery life. I have read through the threads on battery life on the G Pro but still am not convinced. It seems like a lot of people that have the Pro have at one point had the Note 2, the S4 or the One, which are the main competitors (for now). I have the S4 and had the Note 2, so what I would like to know is how does the G Pro compare battery wise? How fast does the battery recharge? Also, Amazon is selling the G Pro for $69 for an upgrade. That is insane!
Amazon also has this extended battery that I may get for my Optimus G Pro:
Amazon.com: [180 days warranty] ZeroLemon LG Optimus G Pro 9300mAh Extended Battery + Free Black Extended TPU Full Edge Protection Case with 180 days Zero Lemon Guarantee Warranty (Compatible with LG Optimus G Pro , T-Mobile Optimus G Pro , Sprint Op

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that Zero Lemon battery is very very tempting. Very tempting. It's a good things there's no case and belt-able pouch that would fit that thing or I'd prolly have to spend yet some more money.

OptimuS G Pro

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This is the battery life I got the last time I went on a seven day cruise. Wifi cost Too much so I didn't use much Internet. Basically used the video camera and some stills when I didn't have. My dslr on me.

Attachments

• 1385172749084.jpg
    1385172749084.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 20