Thinking about switching from S4

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I like this s4, not as much as my HTC one, but it's still a great phone with an excellent camera. However, I dislike touchwiz. The s4 also has a noticeable lag. Nothing serious, but it's something I didn't have on my HTC one.

Now I've been interested in a bigger phone. Thought about the note 2, but I've now owned two Samsung phones (s2 & s4) and figured I'd give the OGP a shot. Read that it has many of the same features as the note 2 and s4, except for the note's stylus. I also read that it didn't experience the same lag that the s4 does either. Plus the 32gb of internal is nice. I have a 64gb SD card also.

Now I love watching videos while I'm getting ready for bed and I'm a heavy user. The s4 has a pretty good battery. Better than the HTC, iPhone 5, but I've read that the OGP has a battery that lasts just as long as the note 2's.

Anyone ever owned both care to give their opinions? I've read some posts on this board about folks switching but I'd like to see some more.

Posted via Android Central App

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i could talk about the "pro's" of the Optimus G PRO forever. The ONLY con is that its a smidge too big but if your ok or even wanting something the size of the Note 2 i would say, "NO other phone (and i have had them all) can compare to the Optimus G Pro. It is the ONE phone that does it ALL. From wireless charging out of the box, 32 GB internal (24 after O/S but still....) amazing battery life (it stays at 100% on standby for over 10 hours) beautiful screen, amazing 13 MP camera, operating sys (to me) is sooooo helpful and customizable- even has "on board customiziation for icons) never ever stutters, lags or force closes. Remote control is awesome, sooooo much easier than Peel on Samsung devices, just hit a button and ur programmed, awesome! Removable SD card, NFC, this phone does EVERYTHING! Even after 4 months with it and sooooo many other devices coming out, i never ever have wanted to let it go. I am drooling over the LG G2 but to give up wireless charging, removable battery and sd card? Not sure its worth it since the LG O Pro ticks EVERY SINGLE BOX!
BTC

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The OGP has a battery with the same capacity (or near as makes no difference) as the Note II's. However, the Note II has an older/slower processor, a lower resolution screen that uses AMOLED instead of backlit LCD, and a few other things that seem to give it somewhat better battery life than the OGP according to reviews. Given the price difference, though, you can easily afford an external battery pack or a 9,000mAh ZeroLemon battery pack to add to your OGP (trading size/weight and battery life) if you need something that lasts longer. And you'll be a lot happier watching videos on the OGP's screen - it's absolutely gorgeous.

I'm quite happy with the battery life on my OGP, but mostly because it charges up very fast, and I have 2A chargers at home, work, and in the car. I also have a 13,000mAh USB battery pack I take when I'll be away from any other charger for more than a day. I use my phone heavily, and no smartphone I've ever used has been "all day strong" in terms of battery - not even my Blackberry 9300.

On the days I haven't felt the need to use it obsessively all day long, the battery has easily cruised through a day.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I for the life of me don't understand why my S4 is so nastily fast, so qeuriously quick and others report lag. ...and its not just in my mind. I also have this Note 8.0 and a Sony Xperia Tablet Z and it's just as fast as any of them. All I've ever done is replace the launcher with, first, Go Launcher Prime, and, now, Nova Prime. My phone is sickly fast like it had too much caffeine or something. I don't see why my experience is so different than others that report having lag.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the responses.

How are the speakers on the OGP? I've read some complaints about them being rather weak compared to the one or s4.

As for the S4; I've seen that majority have complained about lag or stutter on the S4 and I've seen where some have never experienced it. I don't know why mine does from time to time, but it does. I'm not one that's interested in rooting their phones. I've heard that CynogenMod fixes that problem. But that's something I've just never been that interested in.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital