2 questions on LG Optimus G pro

alanistoocool

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
will this phone get android kitkat? and anyone else with this phone when charging the led turns alot darker? Like less bright. But whe. its not charging its normal.

Posted via Android Central App

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping we do get KitKat. Google has stated they want to get KitKat available for all phones, everything from high end phones to low end phones due to it using less resources than previous releases of the Android OS. Or that's how I recall it anyways. I'd love to see the G Pro get some much needed updates.

It has also been widely speculated that the LG Optimus G Pro would be getting the Android 4.4 KitKat update and some have even said it's been confirmed. Either way, take it with a pinch of salt, but I'm hoping it's true.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2469754

dachiefmizzy

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Lg officially stated the G series along with the G pro will get 4.4, whether this is true or not, I remember when everyone used to brag about Samsung and their lousy update schedule. I've never had issues with LG, and I believe we'll see a December release at least I hope 😄

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
No update. Lg never update android versions of their phones after launching. History speaks itself.

That would be correct as has always been the case with LG.

Lg officially stated the G series along with the G pro will get 4.4, whether this is true or not, I remember when everyone used to brag about Samsung and their lousy update schedule. I've never had issues with LG, and I believe we'll see a December release at least I hope ��

I'm gonna have to call BS on this as I have yet to see LG officially say whether any phone is going to get KitKat all just rumors. LG hasn't even said which phone would even get 4.3 update. LG's track record is pretty bad updating phones especially when another flagship comes out first. I'm going to have to ask you for a source on this one as only Motorola and HTC have given 4.4 KitKat updates on their phones. I have an LG Optimus G pro and don't even plan on LG updating it so I'm sending it overseas for a family member to play with. I'm rocking a Nexus 5 now so no worries about updates now.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm hoping we get some sort of update but really it runs smooth on 4.1.2 so I'm pretty satisfied.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
That would be correct as has always been the case with LG.

I'm gonna have to call BS on this as I have yet to see LG officially say whether any phone is going to get KitKat all just rumors. LG hasn't even said which phone would even get 4.3 update. LG's track record is pretty bad updating phones especially when another flagship comes out first. I'm going to have to ask you for a source on this one as only Motorola and HTC have given 4.4 KitKat updates on their phones. I have an LG Optimus G pro and don't even plan on LG updating it so I'm sending it overseas for a family member to play with. I'm rocking a Nexus 5 now so no worries about updates now.

Are you happy with your choice? Miss anything about the G Pro?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Are you happy with your choice? Miss anything about the G Pro?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I am pretty happy with the change and knowing I will receive updates for sure with the nexus 5. I miss the battery life the most from the optimus g pro but I'll adapt to the Nexus 5. Other than that I don't miss much at all.

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I went to the Nexus 5 for about a week and was very happy to come back. The battery life on this phone is about twice as good as the Nexus. I also got used to the screen size and don't think I could go to anything that was no longer a phablet . All in all this has been my favorite phone I have ever had.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I went to the Nexus 5 for about a week and was very happy to come back. The battery life on this phone is about twice as good as the Nexus. I also got used to the screen size and don't think I could go to anything that was no longer a phablet . All in all this has been my favorite phone I have ever had.

This has got to be the most under rated phone. The lgg2 get all the attention but there isn't must difference other than the processor and size/form.

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

I have had the Nexus 5 for a few days and I really miss the LG Pro battery life and the screen size. The Nexus is nice but........I will be switching back, real soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress