64GB Micro SD Card

borgib

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone using one? I just picked up the Sandisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 card and can't get it to work on my phone. I even ran LG Flashtools to return to complete stock. Anyone have any ideas or experience with 64GB cards? Could it be a problem with my phone?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a 64GB Sandisk Extreme in my G Pro now. All I had to do was insert the card in my phone and begin using it. I did not have to do any black magic or voodoo to get it working correctly.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A lot of 64 GB cards come pre-formatted as exFAT, which isn't compatible with many devices (I'm not sure if it's compatible at all with Android). If your card is formatted as exFAT, try reformatting it to FAT32. You can try doing so by inserting it into your computer, although when I tried doing this, I found that Windows 8 doesn't give the option to format in FAT32--only exFAT and NTFS. Typically, if you insert an incompatible SD into a phone, it should ask you if you want to format it, in which case it will do so in the appropriate format.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a 64gb micro sd card just fine.
Download Sdformatter (pc) and format the sd card using the default settings.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Chemcat

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the Sandisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 card in my OGP. The first one I got from Amazon worked but would randomly unmount itself. I RMA'ed for replacement and the one sent back has been faultless and worked great without having to reformat. If you look at the reviews for this card on Amazon it is hit or miss as there were some bad ones.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Try the card in something else to see if it's a dud. I took my 64gb card from my GS3 and inserted directly into my OGP without any problems.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

chrisviewpad

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I recently got myself a Kingston 64GB microsdxc (Class 10 and UHS-I) with adapter. I did not need to format it as it came pre-formatted in exFAT.
I transferred files using the provided sdcard adapter on my Win7 notebook and plugin the microsdxc card into the LG Optimus G Pro. And the phone recognise the microsd card without any problems.
Prior to this, I was interested on the speed of my new card, so I ran some benchmark on the card on the LG phone. And it was registered at 40MB/s read and 15MB/s write.

chrisviewpad

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone using one? I just picked up the Sandisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 card and can't get it to work on my phone. I even ran LG Flashtools to return to complete stock. Anyone have any ideas or experience with 64GB cards? Could it be a problem with my phone?

My guess is could be a fake Sandisk card.
Genuine Sandisk cards have 30MB/s for read and 10MB/s for write.
Go download some android sdcard card benchmark tools and test the read and write speed.
It should be above 30MB/s for read and 10MB/s for write for your Sandisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 card.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My guess is could be a fake Sandisk card.
Genuine Sandisk cards have 30MB/s for read and 10MB/s for write.
Go download some android sdcard card benchmark tools and test the read and write speed.
It should be above 30MB/s for read and 10MB/s for write for your Sandisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 card.

The cards read/write speeds are limited by the phones. I don't believe you'll find any performing more than 25MB/s read and 22MB/s write with even the best uSD card, which is currently the Sandisk Extreme. Most phones don't support the UHS-1 performance speeds. I think I read that there was a version of the S4 that does however.

Optimus G Pro

marcus0263

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I use Scandisk 64GB class 10 no issues, both on my LG Optimus G Pro, ASUS tf701 no issues, work great. I've also used them on Motorola Atrix HD, ASUS tf700 and Motorola Xoom tablet. I've never had an issue with them and they have all worked excellent

Sent from my Android Tablet w/ Tapatalk 4

Michael Spitz

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I've successfully formatted and installed a 64 gig micro SD card into my LG G3 mobile phone but, after several attempts, the card does not retain all of my mp3 files, album for album.

Sometimes, only ONE song from that album is retained by the card, even if I copy to it, one album or, folder at a time.

Anybody have a cure for this???

donnasander

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Well it's probably not the phone, but the card. Ultra speed SD cards are a different technology than class 2-10. The device must be 'Ultra' compatible, which it probably isn't. Just get a Class 10 (fastest non-ultra SD) and you will likely be fine.

Here is some info on SD cards if you need it: well, apparantly you must have 10 posts to add a link. :-( But if you go to how to geek (dot com) and search for 'how to buy an SD card' they have a very excellent article...sorry no link for you. Talk to forum guidelines...

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I had used a 64GB Sandisk card, now I'm using a 128GB Sandisk card.

There's a fast simple way to make sure they work: Let THE PHONE FORMAT THEM. I hate to say "Play dumb" about how they are formatted, but play dumb. Whatever the phone needs, it will do on the formatting. I was delighted to find I could use the 128GB memory card, and the prices on Amazon are damned good if you look around.