1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G Pro does not boot/charge. Menu+Back button flashes when on USB

Hi guys!

I have a problem with my Phone. a few days ago I received an software update and I downloaded+installed it right away. when he rebooted during the install it went right away to the recovery. I couldn't get him out of it so i decided to download the factory rom that already was on my phone and flash that one but that didn't change at all. I just laid my phone down for a day because I was heading to work with my amazingly slow Galaxy txt as backup, I met a dead phone when coming home again. It would not turn on nor power up. When I hook it up to my usb power adapter the menu and back touch buttons flash quickly for a minute or so. It really does nothing else then that. When I Hook it up to my Macbook by usb it flashes but each flash will take about 2-3 seconds. this goes on for like 5 minutes.

What I tried:

Put battery out, press power button ( or every possible combination with the other hardware keys) and re-insert the battery
    Put charger in, battery out, charger out, battery in, charger in,
    let it charge for 2 days
    took everything (sd-card sim-card and battery) out for about 10 hours

Could someone help me out? It's a hell of a phone. I really need it so before I ship it back does anyone have a tip which can lead me to fixing my phone again?

Thanks!

Bram
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: G Pro does not boot/charge. Menu+Back button flashes when on USB

I did notice something right now:

when it's hooked up to the usb and it has stopped blinking, When I press and hold ( Volume up, Home and Power button) for a few seconds, the menu and back key lit up and stay lit. I do not know for how long. But i Guess this means that it isn't hard bricked right?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No one who can help me? I should have thought a second time when purchasing this phone. So little support like roms and updates. but oh well, was a good phone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

come on, is there really nobody to help me out? I hope the problem is unable to fix so I can trade it in for a new phone. Think it's gonna be the Galaxy S IV

What was the update?

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I actually don't know, It was a OTA update i believe about 2 weeks back now. An software update from LG themself.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Nobody knows?

Press power and volume down while plugging in usb or charger. This will take you to factory hard reset mode. Press power 3 times to accept,dont worry about prompts,it will take you too recovery where you can do a restore.

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using AC Forums mobile app