Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default No 3g

    Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

    Does anyone know why I don't get stepped down to 3g when there is no 4g available? Everyone other phone I've had did that. Mine is on the att network, but when there is no 4g network, I get no data at all. Is this common?
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,598 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,873 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: No 3g

    Quote Originally Posted by penningtonsm View Post
    Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

    Does anyone know why I don't get stepped down to 3g when there is no 4g available? Everyone other phone I've had did that. Mine is on the att network, but when there is no 4g network, I get no data at all. Is this common?
    Might there be a setting in Settings>Wireless & Networks>More..>Mobile Networks?

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Haalcyon likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: No 3g

    Did you try and reboot your phone? Does this happen everywhere or is it possible data is down in that area?

    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: No 3g

    I checked my settings thoroughly, there is nothing like that.

    Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: No 3g

    It happens everywhere everytime. I have never had this phone step down to 3g when there is no 4g. Its either 4g or nothing at all.
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,598 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,873 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: No 3g

    Quote Originally Posted by penningtonsm View Post
    It happens everywhere everytime. I have never had this phone step down to 3g when there is no 4g. Its either 4g or nothing at all.
    Have you talked to your carrier about it?

    From a Sprint Moto X

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: No 3g

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Have you talked to your carrier about it?

    From a Sprint Moto X
    No, I was just wondering if this was a phone thing first.

    Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app
  8. #8  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,733 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: No 3g

    Did you double check your APN names?
    This is what mine shows:

    No 3g-1387502336422.jpg



    Optimus G Pro
    Live long and prosper.


  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: No 3g

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Did you double check your APN names?
    This is what mine shows:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1387502336422.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	97567



    Optimus G Pro
    Mine says att as well. Doesn't give a list of them line your though. Just att.

    Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 05:11 PM
  2. Apzen a700 Tablet for $40! No hoops to jump through. New.
    By JeffDenver in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-18-2013, 11:04 AM
  3. Wallpaper scrolls no more
    By tunie in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2013, 09:29 PM
  4. 2012 3g or 2013 wifi 32Gb
    By snake02_78 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-17-2013, 04:38 PM
  5. Plans Plans Plans iPad (No carrier) and SGS2 (Sprint)
    By tunie in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-17-2013, 12:55 PM

Posting Permissions

B