Google voice typing

OverIphone

May 16, 2013
Visit site
every time i click the microphone to do voice to txt it makes a sound when it opens. This just started but I cant figure out how to turn it off. its very annoying. I downloaded a program scheduler the other day and believe this might be the reason however I have since removed the program.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
every time i click the microphone to do voice to txt it makes a sound when it opens. This just started but I cant figure out how to turn it off. its very annoying. I downloaded a program scheduler the other day and believe this might be the reason however I have since removed the program.

When you have voice typing on, do you see a keyboard icon when the mike is paused?

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
When you have voice typing on, do you see a keyboard icon when the mike is paused?

I am not 100% sure what you mean but if you are referring to the icon in the notification bar at the top, then yes it is there for me whenever the keyboard is open, using mike or not. This is true both in the Samsung keyboard and in the Smart Keyboard app.

And I did clear both the cache and the data in SVoice and also in Samsung Text to Speech but that did not help.

Last edited:

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I seemed to have figured it out? I looked at my apps to see what recently updated. One of the recent updates was to Google Search. I uninstalled all the updates to Google Search and the problem is gone. So it is a bug in the most recent update to Google Search that turns on that sound with no way to turn it off.

By the way I have a Note3 so this is not a bug specific to any one phone, but to Google Search itself.

OverIphone

May 16, 2013
Visit site
yes there is a keyboard icon at thevery top i've tried clicking it and it shows the other keyboard options and i can click to go to settings.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
How were you able to do that?

If you mean uninstall the updates... Go to the play store on phone or on computer. Go to the My Apps list. Find Google Search and click "Uninstall". Like all the apps installed by Verizon at least, you can not actually uninstall Google Search, but it will show you an option to "Unistall all Updates". I did that and problem solved. Of course now your phone will want to update Google Search. Sort of a frustrating loop, especially as I seem to have set Google Search to update automatically and can't see how to stop that. Hopefully Google will push out another update that fixes the bug.

edit: I see now that if you have auto updates on you can still turn them off for individual apps. On my Note 3 the way to do this is to go to the "My App" list in the store. Then go to Google Search. Then I press the Note's menu button and uncheck the auto update box for the app. Hope that helps!

OverIphone

May 16, 2013
Visit site
thanks for your help! I didnt have that option however i did have the update option and after doing that it stopped making the sound. Yet its still making a sound when i click an emoji on the LG keyboard. Does anyone know how to solve that issue? There should be simpler ways for this

OverIphone

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok never mind some how I was completely missing the volume control of touchback sounds under the Sound Profile. I thought by disabling it in the keyboard settings would be enough.

sapoty

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Yes this damn sound precipitated my divorce. You developers should pay much more attention to the social disruption of unwanted sounds!!! There is no control in the settings to stop this effing sound. My speaker is turned off but the sound keeps on coming. I should sue you.

sapoty

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
In my note 3 I had to turn down the volume at Settings... Sounds... Volume... Music video games and other media! That is pretty ficken useless isn't it!

That means every time after I listen to media I have to remember to turn down the media volume to stop that damn unnecessary prompt sound!

Send that app developer to prison. The lazy sod has caused lots of interruptions.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae