LG Optimus G Pro AT&T - suggestions for battery life improvement, SD card

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have been a Samsung Galaxy user for a year or so but my daughter just got an LG Optimus G Pro and I'm unfamiliar with this phone's personality... What things have people found help to extend battery life? She's a kid so it's hard to get her to discipline herself to run it down, then plug it in and wait till it's charged to use it again...

Also, I see several threads about SD cards for this phone, but the AT&T store rep told us it does not take an SD card. It has 32gb onboard which is a lot, so I did not mind that there wasn't one, but if there is, she can put her SD card in without having to copy stuff to the new phone via her computer. Was the rep wrong? If I open the phone up, will I find a slot?

The phone got a good review on this site so I'm hoping it'll be a reliable phone for her to have for a couple of years (this is her first smartphone).

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
It has an awesome battery and does support SD cards. It would last me almost 2 days on a single charge! I would turn off the data and sync feature at night, helped me a lot.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree on the battery life of the LG O G Pro, I do not pay any attention to what's on, what's syncing, or how I use the phone and it is never less than 15% or so at night. I was worried when switching from my Galaxy Note 2 to this phone because the Note 2 had such a great battery life, this phone is just as good. As for SD micro cards, yes up to 64 Gig. I haven't put one in this phone because of the extra storage space with it being a 32 gig device. I have had my LG Pro now for about a month and I like it as well as my Note 2, there are a few little differences between them, but nothing major, I think its more of what your use to, it took me a little time to get use to the LG but I believe that's because I was using Samsung Galaxy phones for a few years before I got this one.

Posted via Android Central App

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
After a few days it's clear, her battery life is way better than my S4... will have to take another look at this phone when I have to choose another phone.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
After a few days it's clear, her battery life is way better than my S4... will have to take another look at this phone when I have to choose another phone.

Yes it is a nice phone, but if you wait a little the new G Pro 2 might be out, now that it has been officially announced by LG, it may not be to much longer before we see them here in the U.S.

Posted via Android Central App

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tips Sacto. Just got this phone myself and didn't understand what all the batt life fanfare was about until I did your batt savings instructions.

Matthew Samson

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Another great way to improve battery is by going to Settings > General > Battery and turn Quad Core Control On in which it optimizes the Phone computer to use the cores when needed and it saves battery life

jayresh

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I wish battery life was the issue. My LG Optimus G just died after only one year and 4 months - 4 months out of warranty. Not good.:mad: