apps only recognise wifi internet

Lily Kelly

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

Can anyone help? Most, if not all, of my installed apps (i.e. viber, facebook, gmail, snapchat) dont seem to recognise normal 3g internet connection.
For example, trying to use viber without a wifi signal and i am told no connection, however i can browse the internet no problems.
Also i get no notifications from my apps until i get into a wifi zone. I.e. i get home at the end of the day and get notifications for all my snapchats, emails etc.

I have tried all the settings and contacted my network, with no success. This has only been a problem since switching to the lg optimus g pro, i am on the same network as my old phone.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nelimungous

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

Can anyone help? Most, if not all, of my installed apps (i.e. viber, facebook, gmail, snapchat) dont seem to recognise normal 3g internet connection.
For example, trying to use viber without a wifi signal and i am told no connection, however i can browse the internet no problems.
Also i get no notifications from my apps until i get into a wifi zone. I.e. i get home at the end of the day and get notifications for all my snapchats, emails etc.

I have tried all the settings and contacted my network, with no success. This has only been a problem since switching to the lg optimus g pro, i am on the same network as my old phone.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The only suggestion I have...

From the home screen> MENU>All Settings>TAP the Mobile Data section NOT THE SWITCH>on next screen tap the MENU button again>See if RESTRICT BACKGROUND DATA is CHECKED. If it is UNCHECK it. Let us know if this was the issue.

Nelimungous

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok a couple questions. What carrier are you using? When did you get your phone and was it used?

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

Lily Kelly

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Carrier is viber which uses optus network. They have said there has been no changes to data settings on my plan.

Phone brand new from kogan 3-4 weeks ago.

Nelimungous

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Carrier is viber which uses optus network. They have said there has been no changes to data settings on my plan.

Phone brand new from kogan 3-4 weeks ago.

Did they have you check the APN settings on your phone? Sure sounds like something isn't set up correctly with the network. Isn't Viber an app? I would check with Optus again and make sure your phone APN (access point name) settings are correct.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance