Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG Optimus G Pro E988 - microSD card suggestions

Hello All

I am considering a 32GB microSD card for my LG Optimus G Pro E988 (16gb internal mem).

I'm considering the 32GB Samsung Plus class 10 UHS-1 (10 year warranty): Model MB-MPBGC. No adapter.

Anyone used it with the G Pro ? Does it give good speeds ? anything I need to be aware of ? Do I need to register these cards on the Samsung website for the warranty to be applicable ?

I'm a novice where this is concerned and I don't want my data lost due to cards failing. I rely on reliability (literally) where cards are concerned. Like Sandisk Ultra seems to give better speeds but there are too many fakes going around.

Thanks for all inputs.

Shaleen

Default Re: LG Optimus G Pro E988 - microSD card suggestions

Go to a store and you will have warranty and will not get fakes. There are samsung fakes too. Also, i have SanDisk. 64gb. No problem at all. In the manual it's stated to use microsd and sdhc. Sdxc was not mentioned, but i have sdxc and it works just fine. If you want more storage, why not 64gb? It's not that much more expensive, but you are using phone's maximum.

LG OGP E986 & tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi ematija,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll look up the 64GB options as you suggested.

As I understand you are using Sandisk Ultra SDXC class 10 64GB (30MB/s). Do you use this sdxc card with its sdhc-adapter for the G Pro ?

Do you have any idea about the practical speed differences between the Sandisk Ultra cards and the Samsung Plus cards ?

Shaleen

I have been using 64GB Sandisk SDXC card without any issues with LG OGP E988. I have even installed custom ROMs and the SD card has been accessible with them too. I also have all my media files on the SD card and it works fine.

Sent from my N550JV using Tapatalk