Kitkat update to LG OPTIMUS G PRO E988

Anirban29

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Can any body comment on the issue : when LG will go to update the E988 model of L.G. OGP? Some hearsay are there that it will come during June. Is there any proper ground to believe in such a statement?

Posted via Android Central App

ematija

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Friend, i don't want to be rude... But please, next time do a google (or bing, or duckduckgo) search. It will come they say, but it's not official yet. At least was not official 3 weeks ago when i last searched.

LG OGP E986 & tapatalk

uchitshah

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Guys I don't know from where you got the update. But tried I tried in India and no update yet.
May be by mid June it will be released.

uchitshah

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Guys don't from where you got it.
But tried in India and not yet released.
May be by mid June it will be released.
Keeping figure crossed.

chrisviewpad

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Finally, I have gotten the KitKat 4.4.2 update OTA (~690MB) for my OGP LG-E988 in Singapore.
Sadly, only Knock Off feature is available. No Knock Code/Knock On feature with this update for LG OGP (LG-E988).

uchitshah

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Finally, I have gotten the KitKat 4.4.2 update OTA (~690MB) for my OGP LG-E988 in Singapore.
Sadly, only Knock Off feature is available. No Knock Code/Knock On feature with this update for LG OGP (LG-E988).

Did you got this update via. Ota or through LG mobile software update tool.

chrisviewpad

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
BEWARE: After updating to KitKat 4.4.2 on the OGP will cause any write access to external SDcard to fail (eg. copy/move files from PC/phone memory to external SDcard.)

This is due to Google's KitKat update that removes the write access to external storage.
Therefore non-rooted OGP currently has no way to transfer files from PC to SDcard thru Wifi file managers like the popular app AirDroid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34