Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By frope01
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG Optimus G Pro: Cracked screen?

Has anyone replaced the glass on their G Pro? Where did you get it? How difficult was it? N5 is cool but it's not my G Pro. Maybe I'll just wait for the G3.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Default Re: LG Optimus G Pro: Cracked screen?

I never like to tell anyone to search but that is exactly what I've resorted to when I fixed the displays on my devices. If something exists there will be some YouTube videos and accompanying instructions/links to ordering parts.

I just know with the use of glued displays and other advancements to " seal " up devices today they are getting harder to replace and do it without issues down the road.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:

I purchased a replacement screen from a vendor on eBay and followed the excellent guide by repairsuniverse. Their instructions were clear and I have had no issues with the replacement save for this past weekend when the digitizer appeared to go nuts by touching things by itself. It turned out to be something with the AT&T screen protector, as it stopped when I removed it. No other issues since.

I would not recommend doing this unless you have some experience working with small screws and miniature electronics, my experience is with model trains and installing DCC circuit boards in them, so I knew the precautions to take.

Like a modeling friend of mine says, you too can achieve the same results I do so long as you are willing to follow the provided instructions. It wasn't that difficult, and I'd do it again if I had to.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I ordered the screen for $30, and repair kit from fixez who I saw on YouTube. I'm looking forward to fixing it myself.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    John Loesch likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Update. I almost forgot. The repair was easier than I anticipated. I watched three videos but the one from fixez was best. It showed replacement with the least amount of parts removed. I ordered a kit which was supposed to come with adhesive strips but did not. A very nice tech at a local screen repair shop gave me some adhesive which saved the day.

Cost of the project was less than $55 and actual time spent was less than 30 min. The repair shop charges $200.

Sent from Frope's G Pro.