Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: AT&T Post KitKat Update problems / Issues Anyone?

Here's some fun issues. First off, this is probably happening to most of you, when I try to GPS to a location, it asks something stupid about letting Google save your location or something along those lines, and if you don't do it, the GPS basically won't work. I remember a while back, I only had to do that once and I was set. Now I have to do it every time I start the GPS. Now typically I start mine up as soon as I'm about to get going. Now I have to do it much earlier, because it seems as though the first time you attempt to start the GPS trek, it won't activate, you'll just get directions. Then you'll go back, search again, and if you're lucky, you'll get the blue arrow which signifies and actual working GPS. And most of the time, the blue arrow didn't even move, at all, forcing me to restart the app entirely. Fun fun.

BUT HERE'S THE REAL KICKER! When KitKat was announced, there was a huge scare on how SD cards would become obsolete. No storing apps, no uploading music, any files at all, etc. I guess the app thing is true, though I don't use mine to store apps so I don't know. I do, however, use my 64GB SD card for my music, which is exactly what I bought it for when I bought my phone, it was the only purpose for it. So, I uploaded some music to my phone, and it went on, the phone recognized it, all seemed well. Then I listened to it. It sounds like corrupted versions of other songs I have on the card. And when I plug the phone back in to look for the mp3's, they're completely gone. I have repeated this process multiple times, same results every time. The song does, however, work fine the first like, 20 minutes after uploading it. Afterwards it becomes a mess, or just another song entirely. Then disappears. So I did a little test. I uploaded the same set of songs on the phone drive and the SD card, waited 20 minutes, then played the same songs one after the other. The songs on the phone drive were fine. The SD card songs were corrupted.

I've tried Googling this to see if anyone else has had similar issues. Nobody has talked about it, so until somebody replies to me with any information on this issue, I am completely alone and EXTREMELY frustrated and unhappy.

Thanks so much, KitKat.

EDIT: Forgot to mention it's a Samsung Galaxy S3

I've started having issues with my lg og pro after the update,,,I can't send or receive mms.. I use to be able to change the apn type in mobile network and ever since the update I can't now,,,I've rebooted and nothing helps,,,last night i was on the phone lost the call and then when i called back about 3 or 4 times they couldn't hear me,,,I had to turn off phone and reset it..They need to fix this problem seriously ...

Hi, im an at&t customer, i had lost my lgOGP, i recieved a brand new one thru Asurion Tuesday, its saturday now i did the 4.4 update Wednesday, I havent no problems what so ever with my phone. The lost one i got in sept 2013 i had 0 problems i loveed that phone, but then i decided to try iphone 4s to a 5c to iphone 5 to Blu 5.5 studio then s3 then to galaxy note 2 then a note i717, lol well after goin thru experiencing varieties of phones i went back to the my lg then i lost it, all i can say is this is the best phone i have ever had. Now on the note i717 after the 4.3 update signal would go to 1 bar to absolutely no service at all, thats when i decided to just stick with my lg.

I have the Samsung Mega 6.3, It updated tonight. I saw an update available but could not do it while at work as I can't use company Wi-Fi. I went to do my rounds and came back found the phone was doing the update. When it was done, rebooted, I NO LONGER HAVE TOUCH SCREEN ABILITY. really hard to use a touch screen phone when there is NO TOUCH. Samsung had me to a factory reset only to find I still do not have touch ability. So I have a $478 dollars pretty paper weight. No support from Samsung and no support from ATT, other than a factory reset and screen still does not work, Guess I am screwed for 2 of these phones.

To reply to your post, I'm experiencing the same issues.
    1. New issue (probably the worst of all) - I purchased the screen cover when I originally got the phone from ATT, less then a year ago. Before updating to Kitkat, my alarms were working perfectly with the screen cover closed. After the new update to kitkat, my alarm only works if the screen cover is open. This is so annoying and I've missed just about every alarm I have set. I repeat, the issue seems to affect the phone if you're using a flip cover instead of a screen protector. I wish I can rollback but other features are great while this is my only dilemma. Anyone else experiencing the same issue???? I had the phone about 8 months and not a scratch on it, so the cover is nice and does what it suppose to do.

2. The auto display feature blows!!! My battery (its a big battery) eats the power after the update to kitkat, so I noticed if I uncheck the auto display feature, set the screen display to 38%, my LG optimum pro performs excellent throughout the week. I mean I can literally charge the phone and not charge again for at least 2-4 days or more with continuous use. Overall I love the phone as it fast, videos are super clear (HD 1080p), music is great, calls are super loud, messaging is great, and browsing in multiple tabs is excellent without crashing. Just need a fix on the alarms. Think it has something to do with the face recognition (videos and books uses this feature but I turned it off and still doesn't work) or front camera display. That's my only suggestion as to why the alarm doesn't work when my screen cover is closed.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saren Meserkhani View Post
    Here's some fun issues. First off, this is probably happening to most of you, when I try to GPS to a location, it asks something stupid about letting Google save your location or something along those lines, and if you don't do it, the GPS basically won't work. I remember a while back, I only had to do that once and I was set. Now I have to do it every time I start the GPS. Now typically I start mine up as soon as I'm about to get going. Now I have to do it much earlier, because it seems as though the first time you attempt to start the GPS trek, it won't activate, you'll just get directions. Then you'll go back, search again, and if you're lucky, you'll get the blue arrow which signifies and actual working GPS. And most of the time, the blue arrow didn't even move, at all, forcing me to restart the app entirely. Fun fun.

BUT HERE'S THE REAL KICKER! When KitKat was announced, there was a huge scare on how SD cards would become obsolete. No storing apps, no uploading music, any files at all, etc. I guess the app thing is true, though I don't use mine to store apps so I don't know. I do, however, use my 64GB SD card for my music, which is exactly what I bought it for when I bought my phone, it was the only purpose for it. So, I uploaded some music to my phone, and it went on, the phone recognized it, all seemed well. Then I listened to it. It sounds like corrupted versions of other songs I have on the card. And when I plug the phone back in to look for the mp3's, they're completely gone. I have repeated this process multiple times, same results every time. The song does, however, work fine the first like, 20 minutes after uploading it. Afterwards it becomes a mess, or just another song entirely. Then disappears. So I did a little test. I uploaded the same set of songs on the phone drive and the SD card, waited 20 minutes, then played the same songs one after the other. The songs on the phone drive were fine. The SD card songs were corrupted.

I've tried Googling this to see if anyone else has had similar issues. Nobody has talked about it, so until somebody replies to me with any information on this issue, I am completely alone and EXTREMELY frustrated and unhappy.

Thanks so much, KitKat.

EDIT: Forgot to mention it's a Samsung Galaxy S3
    I thought I was the only one that had something strange go one with the SD card. My music I stored there has completely been wiped out plus one video!! It does recognize the SD installed but no music!

Can anyone image how I felt when I got the second push for KK update and hit ok with data and WiFi turned off? Especially since it didn't ask me if I wanted to turn it on. Only thing I notice is battery life is a little weaker and reboot or power off takes forever. Almost 30seconds to power off with that blue thing at the end hanging for 5 seconds then power off. Power on produces two LG logos, one after another. Other than that it's pretty smooth.

LG0Gpro_2_AC

Why after i update my LG G pro i can't open my home "Unfortunately,home has stopped"

Posted via Android Central App

I am on my fourth (4th) Optimus G Pro due to the KitKat software automatic download which cannot be stopped!! Att justkeeps sending new phones or new batteries. I barely use my phone and the newest one was fully charged at 4 pm and it is now 730 pm with 32 % battery left! Same problem with each phone they have sent. They refuse to let me buy a different phone but offered me a Nokia 250...Really????????? They want me to continue payments for the Optimus which cost $369 but I can not use the phone!!!!!!!!!! It is continually dieing and I continually have to charge it! I finally sent a complaint to BBB and pray someone has enough common sense to just let me buy another phone!!!!!!! Just not the pro which I loved for three months before that Stupid KitKat came along.

PSS. The phone gets very Hot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No vibration! Less bars I don't know if I am madder at Android for the KitKat or AT&T for their stupidity.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

E988 user in Indonesia here. Have used the 4.4.2 update for about a week. No major issue notable, battery life is about the same, I have not lost any music/video files on my 16GB SD card (as many people seemed to have), and I do like the new LG App Store design (although app selection remains sparse).

Before the Kitkat update I loved my Opimus G Pro for 3months. After the update my phone dies 3 and 4 times a day. At&t keeps sending me new batteries (two) and phones (3) which all die 3 and 4 times a day. I just want a different phone now but they refuse and still want me to pay $370 for a phone I cannot use! I finally went to the BBB website and filed a complaint.

Try filing a complaint with the BBB. You can do it online.

Heard of all kinds of problems, Mine is when it rebooted, I no longer got any response when I touched the screen and the update is trying to push to my other cell. If it does, it too will be useless. I am still paying for the second phone, and thats the one that is now useless. Both phones, got cracked and I replaced the screens. Seems if you break your phone, and get it fixed, other then through the provider, they have it set up so your phone will no longer work after the update which really bites. If the update happens, then I will be calling ATT, and telling them I will have to end that particular contract and will gladly return the phone since the update broke the phone, which was working perfectly. Pretty sneaky bastards if you ask me.

Even if you reset the phone, you will still have the update, it DOES NOT REMOVE IT, Samsung had me do that and now the phone sits waiting for me to set it up. Does anyone know of a keyboard for the Samsung Galaxy mega 6.3 that I could plug into the phone and see if I can work around the lack of touch screen use? Touch screen stop recognizing touch after update, phone now completely unusable. Samsung says it can not be flashed back to 4.2.2.

Thumbs up Re: AT&T Post KitKat Update problems / Issues Anyone?

GREAT!!! Worked flawlessly. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Billinok View Post
    Here is my setting on the LED. Facebook messenger is now working after checking "downloaded apps"
    Not able to select a user defined color though. Not a big deal, but I love the LED flashing on messages when the screen sleeps.

Posted via Android Central App
    GREAT!!! It works. Thanks a lot.

I am now receiving the following battery error message, " Invalid Battery, Phone Shutting Down" Someone please help me out I love this phone but it is useless now!

This phone went from being the best phone I have ever liked/owned to the biggest pile of garbage ever.......after the kitkat update.

The main issue is my signal drops ALL THE TIME to no bars and gives the little circle that its looking for signal. The most frustrating part is it drops like on purpose right when I open an app that requires a data connection, even the dialer to call out and I have to wait a minute for the signal to come back. This never happened before the update.

Also get countless dropped calls/delayed texts. Takes forever just to send an MMS and I can no longer receive any pics/mms from Verizon subscribers.

Battery life went down, even after buying a new OEM battery.
    Screen brightness is dimmer.
    Have done plenty of factory resets to no avail.

I have called AT&T countless times. Most frustrating part is when I get someone in India or who knows with a strong accent that doesnt understand the problem. They refuse to replace my phone and all they tell me is they will send updates OTA to make it work properly. They made it worse, no kidding. I have to say Google completely failed with the kitkat update. It just isnt the G Pro, theres a ton of other phones out there with countless issues after kitkat. I'm *this close* to getting an iphone lol, until the next version of android comes out, and I'm the furthest thing from an Apple fan.
    I'm really hoping LG/AT&T/Google fix this asap. I like this phone alot, they don't make them anymore with that big button LED which is awesome.

1-800-801-1101. Tech support from people who speak English everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickswordPhantom View Post
    This phone went from being the best phone I have ever liked/owned to the biggest pile of garbage ever.......after the kitkat update.

The main issue is my signal drops ALL THE TIME to no bars and gives the little circle that its looking for signal. The most frustrating part is it drops like on purpose right when I open an app that requires a data connection, even the dialer to call out and I have to wait a minute for the signal to come back. This never happened before the update.

Also get countless dropped calls/delayed texts. Takes forever just to send an MMS and I can no longer receive any pics/mms from Verizon subscribers.

Battery life went down, even after buying a new OEM battery.
    Screen brightness is dimmer.
    Have done plenty of factory resets to no avail.

I have called AT&T countless times. Most frustrating part is when I get someone in India or who knows with a strong accent that doesnt understand the problem. They refuse to replace my phone and all they tell me is they will send updates OTA to make it work properly. They made it worse, no kidding. I have to say Google completely failed with the kitkat update. It just isnt the G Pro, theres a ton of other phones out there with countless issues after kitkat. I'm *this close* to getting an iphone lol, until the next version of android comes out, and I'm the furthest thing from an Apple fan.
    I'm really hoping LG/AT&T/Google fix this asap. I like this phone alot, they don't make them anymore with that big button LED which is awesome.

i no longer get a mobile data connection 2 days after the update
    update

How did you fix the gps problem on your phone. Mine is rooted.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus0263 View Post
    Big one, lost permissions to external microSD card

Sent from my Phone w/Tapatalk Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus0263 View Post
    Due to the updates removing write access to the MicroSD I ended up rooting my phone. So I thought I'd remove CarrerIQ also, well no longer problems with my GPS, battery life has increased and my phone is faster.

Sent from my Phone w/Tapatalk Pro
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123