AT&T Post KitKat Update problems / Issues Anyone?

dono007

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
E988 user in Indonesia here. Have used the 4.4.2 update for about a week. No major issue notable, battery life is about the same, I have not lost any music/video files on my 16GB SD card (as many people seemed to have), and I do like the new LG App Store design (although app selection remains sparse).

donafrio

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Before the Kitkat update I loved my Opimus G Pro for 3months. After the update my phone dies 3 and 4 times a day. At&t keeps sending me new batteries (two) and phones (3) which all die 3 and 4 times a day. I just want a different phone now but they refuse and still want me to pay $370 for a phone I cannot use! I finally went to the BBB website and filed a complaint.

nomad247

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Heard of all kinds of problems, Mine is when it rebooted, I no longer got any response when I touched the screen and the update is trying to push to my other cell. If it does, it too will be useless. I am still paying for the second phone, and thats the one that is now useless. Both phones, got cracked and I replaced the screens. Seems if you break your phone, and get it fixed, other then through the provider, they have it set up so your phone will no longer work after the update which really bites. If the update happens, then I will be calling ATT, and telling them I will have to end that particular contract and will gladly return the phone since the update broke the phone, which was working perfectly. Pretty sneaky bastards if you ask me.

nomad247

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Even if you reset the phone, you will still have the update, it DOES NOT REMOVE IT, Samsung had me do that and now the phone sits waiting for me to set it up. Does anyone know of a keyboard for the Samsung Galaxy mega 6.3 that I could plug into the phone and see if I can work around the lack of touch screen use? Touch screen stop recognizing touch after update, phone now completely unusable. Samsung says it can not be flashed back to 4.2.2.

farauco

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Here is my setting on the LED. Facebook messenger is now working after checking "downloaded apps"
Not able to select a user defined color though. Not a big deal, but I love the LED flashing on messages when the screen sleeps.

Posted via Android Central App

GREAT!!! It works. Thanks a lot.

donniespafford

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I am now receiving the following battery error message, " Invalid Battery, Phone Shutting Down" Someone please help me out I love this phone but it is useless now!

QuickswordPhantom

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
This phone went from being the best phone I have ever liked/owned to the biggest pile of garbage ever.......after the kitkat update.

The main issue is my signal drops ALL THE TIME to no bars and gives the little circle that its looking for signal. The most frustrating part is it drops like on purpose right when I open an app that requires a data connection, even the dialer to call out and I have to wait a minute for the signal to come back. This never happened before the update.

Also get countless dropped calls/delayed texts. Takes forever just to send an MMS and I can no longer receive any pics/mms from Verizon subscribers.

Battery life went down, even after buying a new OEM battery.
Screen brightness is dimmer.
Have done plenty of factory resets to no avail.

I have called AT&T countless times. Most frustrating part is when I get someone in India or who knows with a strong accent that doesnt understand the problem. They refuse to replace my phone and all they tell me is they will send updates OTA to make it work properly. They made it worse, no kidding. I have to say Google completely failed with the kitkat update. It just isnt the G Pro, theres a ton of other phones out there with countless issues after kitkat. I'm *this close* to getting an iphone lol, until the next version of android comes out, and I'm the furthest thing from an Apple fan.
I'm really hoping LG/AT&T/Google fix this asap. I like this phone alot, they don't make them anymore with that big button LED which is awesome.

John Loesch

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
1-800-801-1101. Tech support from people who speak English everytime.

This phone went from being the best phone I have ever liked/owned to the biggest pile of garbage ever.......after the kitkat update.

The main issue is my signal drops ALL THE TIME to no bars and gives the little circle that its looking for signal. The most frustrating part is it drops like on purpose right when I open an app that requires a data connection, even the dialer to call out and I have to wait a minute for the signal to come back. This never happened before the update.

Also get countless dropped calls/delayed texts. Takes forever just to send an MMS and I can no longer receive any pics/mms from Verizon subscribers.

Battery life went down, even after buying a new OEM battery.
Screen brightness is dimmer.
Have done plenty of factory resets to no avail.

I have called AT&T countless times. Most frustrating part is when I get someone in India or who knows with a strong accent that doesnt understand the problem. They refuse to replace my phone and all they tell me is they will send updates OTA to make it work properly. They made it worse, no kidding. I have to say Google completely failed with the kitkat update. It just isnt the G Pro, theres a ton of other phones out there with countless issues after kitkat. I'm *this close* to getting an iphone lol, until the next version of android comes out, and I'm the furthest thing from an Apple fan.
I'm really hoping LG/AT&T/Google fix this asap. I like this phone alot, they don't make them anymore with that big button LED which is awesome.

Juan Castro4

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
How did you fix the gps problem on your phone. Mine is rooted.
Big one, lost permissions to external microSD card

Sent from my Phone w/Tapatalk Pro

Due to the updates removing write access to the MicroSD I ended up rooting my phone. So I thought I'd remove CarrerIQ also, well no longer problems with my GPS, battery life has increased and my phone is faster.

Sent from my Phone w/Tapatalk Pro

Juan Castro4

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I have rooted my phone and was not able to remove Carrier IQ. I was only able to disable it. Anything else that I need to do or how do I remove it completely. Thanks for your help. I like this phone a lot and I hate not being able to use the GPS.

Juan Castro4

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
How did you fix the gps problem on your phone. Mine is rooted.

I have rooted my phone and was not able to remove Carrier IQ. I was only able to disable it. Anything else that I need to do or how do I remove it completely. Thanks for your help. I like this phone a lot and I hate not being able to use the GPS.

Juan Castro4

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a question. Does any one have the problem that when they are listening to something and a call comes in they loose sound after. I have this problem that I hang up the phone and try to go back to listen to music I here no sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781