- 1 Posts
I accidentally deleted my "host" file.
I accidentally deleted my "host" file which placed at etc/hosts.....
and now its charging very slow... is it because that file that i deleted?
i already hard reset it but it wont recovery back the file.
do i need to flash the rom back?
sorry of my bad english.
btw my LG optimus g proE988 is rooted
- 06-09-2014, 11:35 AM #2
Re: I accidentally deleted my "host" file.
You have a few options.
- Post and see if someone can leave their host file for you to download and place on your device. They are generic as far as I remember and contain no personal/device " specific " information that should cause any security issues.
- Flash the stock " factory " firmware.
- Download a stockish custom ROM and pull the host file from the ROM at the "/system/etc/" location and place it on your device.
However I don't see this causing any issue with the charging of your device. Host file to my knowledge (sorry its been a while) only has to do with what you device is allowed to visit. Its frequently modded to work with Adblocking apps on rooted devices.Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
- By Courtenay Dawn in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 19Last Post: 06-11-2014, 01:29 AM
- By lester2518 in forum Sony Xperia SeriesReplies: 5Last Post: 06-10-2014, 11:08 AM
- By sony android in forum Sony Xperia ZReplies: 3Last Post: 06-09-2014, 07:31 PM
- By azdmelani in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 06-09-2014, 01:00 PM
- By Evoken in forum Google Play StoreReplies: 0Last Post: 06-08-2014, 11:22 PM