So should we not upgrade right now?

jrodgers3

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Seems like people are reporting quite a few bugs. I havent updated yet, but the reminder in my notification area is driving me crazy. Should we wait to update to KitKat? All I've seen are the bad things...are there any good things that came from this update?

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
If I could go back I wouldn't update. I'm also looking for something that makes it worth it. Nothing so far.

Sent from Frope's G Pro.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Seems like people are reporting quite a few bugs. I havent updated yet, but the reminder in my notification area is driving me crazy. Should we wait to update to KitKat? All I've seen are the bad things...are there any good things that came from this update?

I don't know about the specific phone itself, but something to keep in mind is this: a forum is where people generally go to say 'Hey, I have a problem with this, how do I fix it?' and usually isn't a place for people to say 'Nothing is wrong here. I have no issues.'

Kind of similar to an automotive shop. You walk into a BMW service shop and see all those people getting work done, you don't immediately think BMWs are horrible cars.

jrodgers3

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Why wouldn't you? Also, I read that KitKat uses less memory, I guess that would be a good reason if it's true, just to keep everything smooth right? What are your biggest complaints?

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I personally used my external memory card extensively for pictures and videos. The loss of the ability to write to external SD is a pain in the a$$. If there was some benefit I could see in real world use I might feel better about it.

Sent from Frope's G Pro.