Help! Photos not showing up ---everything's black!!

Michelle Graham1

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I went to look through a few old photos today and about half of my thousand photos are gone! Where the thumbnail should be there's just a black screen. I haven't done anything different except for maybe downloading the standard update but that was weeks ago. Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where are the photos stored? On an external microSD card? The card or the files might be corrupt. Do the following:

1. Go to Settings>Storage and Unmount the SD card.
2. Remove the SD card from the phone and insert it into your computer using a fullsize SD adapter (very cheap to buy if you don't have one: Amazon.com: SanDisk microSD to SD Memory Card Adapter (MICROSD-ADAPTER): Computers & Accessories).
3. Use your computer's file browser to explore the SD card. Are all of the photos visible? Take this opportunity to back up all of your photos now.
4. Run chkdsk to see if the card has any bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

I would strongly consider backing your photos up regularly. SD cards have a finite lifespan, and can start to fail without warning.

ematija

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Solution is simple. When gaming, take sd card out. Biggest heating is on the card. I cursed the engineers. I lost many photos. They become corrupted. I wonder why not ao many people report this problem.

LG OGP E986 & tapatalk