What's the likely hood of the sprint variant of this device being released with an unlocked bootloader. I've read that LG has locked the bootloader on all their devices running ics. This is my make it or break it factor between this and the note 2
- 10-20-2012, 10:07 AM #2
I'm interested in this as I'm sure a lot of Android fans are. At this point it's all speculation as there is no way to say for sure. Pretty simple for me: unlocked bootloader= go; locked bootloader =no go.
Sent from my NookColor using Android Central Forums
- 10-23-2012, 03:18 AM #4
- 10-23-2012, 03:19 AM #5
- 10-23-2012, 10:49 AM #6
- 10-23-2012, 08:37 PM #7
- 10-24-2012, 02:13 AM #8
I think you guys are getting confused on terms here. *Every* phone (even the Nexus phones) have a "locked" boot loader. Most phones can be unlocked. Aka: S-Off.
The problem comes in when the phone has an "encrypted" boot loader. That poses significantly more problem, since it requires a decryption key to allow the firmware to be altered. Just because the Optimus G's boot loader is "locked" doesn't mean it can't be unlocked and rooted. And, sometimes, even phones with an encrypted boot loader get lucky.
- 10-24-2012, 08:06 AM #9
- 10-24-2012, 08:11 AM #10
- 10-24-2012, 10:52 AM #11
I understand most devices are released with locked bootloaders. After the droid 3 ( worst mistake of my life) I kniw exactly what the encrypted bootloader can do. But when samsung the biggest android oem releases just about every phone with an unlocked bootloader. It makes it hard to look at an HTC or lg device even if a solution is released.
- 10-30-2012, 02:37 PM #13
- 11-05-2012, 08:46 AM #14
- 11-05-2012, 09:59 AM #15
- By internettoughguy in forum Google Nexus One Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 41Last Post: 02-21-2015, 08:49 AM
- By Jerry Hildenbrand in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 132Last Post: 01-31-2014, 06:08 AM
- By largeselection in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 63Last Post: 07-14-2010, 02:43 PM
- By youngalumni in forum Motorola Cliq and DextReplies: 1Last Post: 06-24-2010, 10:59 AM
- By unspoken213 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 05-18-2010, 03:34 PM