Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By whoamanwtf
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I'm thinking about returning my Optimus G, but what should I do from there?

The iPhone 4 was my first smartphone and at first sight it was love. After two years of it I really got sick of being tied down to apple. I decided to buy an Optimus G for rooting and because it was such a powerhouse with the latest and greatest in it.

after using it for a few days I found:

the battery sucks - takes forever to charge from my macbook pro and drains way to fast.
    The camera sucks - the color of photos is never right and It takes me many shots to get an acceptable one.
    The bootloader is locked - does this 100% mean no custom roms?
    I'm pretty sure no wireless charging which wouldn't be a big deal if it charged at a reasonable speed when connected to my computer.

I spent forever moving over from icloud to gmail and I was just starting to get comfortable, but I have about a week left to return this thing and I don't think I like it.

I'm pretty sure I want to return the phone but what should I do after that? The HTC 1080p phone looks sweet, but kinda big. I can use my iphone 4 in the meantime while i'm waiting for a new phone to be released, but is there anything better coming I should know about?
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Default Re: I'm thinking about returning my Optimus G, but what should I do from there?

Most phones will take a long time to charge off of a laptop
    The camera is a personal thing if it sucks take it back.
    Yes th bootloader is locked and as of their is no way to unlock it. So for the forcible future their won't be any roms.
    Yeah haven't seen wireless charging listed. If you really aren't liking this phone by all means take it back get an s3 one x+ both have great camera's and will be able to flash roms to them
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

Default Re: I'm thinking about returning my Optimus G, but what should I do from there?

There will always be something better so you can always wait longer, but if you want an Android phone now I would suggest the Galaxy S3. This is what I would get if I were not getting the Optimus G. In fact the S3 is what I will get if the Optimus G does not work out for me. The S3 is also well supported with many accessories. But I'm not sure the S3 will charge any faster from your Mac...
    nkd

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

Camera sucks? I am pretty impressed with the camera, it is more than decent. You are mad because it charges slow off computer? You need to have fast charge support on your usb port to get it to charge fast, not the phones fault. Wireless charging was never stated, but when has that ever been a deal breaker, you still need a wire for the wireless charger, I would rather plug the cable in.

Battery by no means is horrible, I would say it is actually pretty good. I got close to 4 hours of screen on time yesterday with 40% base brightness with auto setting enabled.

Yes you can do Roms with a locked boot. All you need is clock work and your ready. My droid x was locked down and it has many roms. Go to the the xda forum and see. They are very close to unlocking the bootlaoder. As to the camera I've taken a bunch of pictures and all look great to me.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Yes you can do custom roms but lg security may have to be disabled first but I'm not a dev just an observer,
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

You will not be able to get a phone that touches this one in speed and build quality, the ROMs will come give it some time. Even Stock and on ICS this thing blows away everything else even with the SGS3 being OCed AOSP and JB this thing blows it away... So once this phone is OCed AOSP and JB it will be insane!
    dignitary likes this.