Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Default Any Sprint Pre-Orders ship yet?

I've preordered the Optimus G, just wondering if anyone else who preordered through Sprint has gotten shipping notification. Since it releases on a Sunday and Monday is holiday I'm hoping it gets to me by Saturday!

Default Re: Any Sprint Pre-Orders ship yet?

Checked my order status this morning and nothing yet. I assume we'll get an email when it does it get shipped? I'd like to have my Saturday as well.

Please, folks...when you've had a week or two with it, please please please report on battery life. I'm not talking about constant-audio/video-streaming battery life, but the frequent-use-of-facebook-texting-email-words-with-friends-and-other-similar-uses battery life. If this is something I'll have to plug in at lunchtime every day, I may just throw in the towel and go iPhone. Battery life is very frustrating for me! I unplugged my NS4G this morning at 7am and was down to 29% at 10 o'clock! It shouldn't be this way!

From what I've read on battery life, it doesn't sound like that will be a problem.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

I chated with a customer service person this morning. She couldnt give me any more info than what you see on the order status screen. But she did confirm we are supposed to get an email when it ships.

I ordered mine in-store at Best Buy and they told me could get a call or email as early as Nov 9 or as late as Nov 11...

Just got an email confirmation from Sprint with a ups tracking # for mine!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Got my tracking number as well! Is supposed to be delivered tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ImGreen View Post
    I ordered mine in-store at Best Buy and they told me could get a call or email as early as Nov 9 or as late as Nov 11...
    It was very strange. I went in to Best Buy to see if they had any demos out. There was an endcap display with stands for three Optimus G phones, but they were all empty. Would they sell display phones?

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    It was very strange. I went in to Best Buy to see if they had any demos out. There was an endcap display with stands for three Optimus G phones, but they were all empty. Would they sell display phones?
    The display phones are "dummy" phones which do not actually work. I think they just have not finished setting up the display. This is still odd because it must mean that the store you went too had the open display space but no actual display phone to mount there. The opposite was true of the store I went to. I saw no display space and no mention at all of the Optimus G for Sprint or for AT&T. I was really just hoping to see the AT&T version, but when I ask the sales person they actually had a dummy phone in their storage closet. I was able to get a good feel for the Sprint version and they let me pre-order so I did. I was in the store on Nov 3 Saturday.

On another note: I called the Best Buy toll free number to see if I could get an ETA on the phone and they said I might get an email tomorrow: they are just waiting for inventory to come in before they email me to come pick it up. If I don't get it tomorrow I'll have to wait until Monday :-(

I got my email from Best Buy that my phone will be ready to pick up in-store on Nov 11... so close :-D
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Received mine from Sprint yesterday evening. I've pretty much spent the day playing with it and setting it up. So far I'm really loving it. Super smooth and I'm actually liking LGs skin! I can't really comment on battery life yet since I've been using it like crazy, but it seems on par with other currently phones. Overall its a worthy upgrade from my sg epic touch 4g.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ImGreen View Post
    The display phones are "dummy" phones which do not actually work. I think they just have not finished setting up the display. This is still odd because it must mean that the store you went too had the open display space but no actual display phone to mount there. The opposite was true of the store I went to. I saw no display space and no mention at all of the Optimus G for Sprint or for AT&T. I was really just hoping to see the AT&T version, but when I ask the sales person they actually had a dummy phone in their storage closet. I was able to get a good feel for the Sprint version and they let me pre-order so I did. I was in the store on Nov 3 Saturday.
    I don't know about yours, but the one I went to has working models on the special endcap displays...the ones on the regular displays are the dummy versions. The endcap versions are usually put into some sort of 'demo mode' that automatically display some sort of looping demo of the features. The RAZR MAZZ HD display was on the fritz, but all the other endcaps were working.
    This display was for the AT&T version, which is already out and for sale, as far as I know. I didn't bother tracking anyone down to ask about it...but I may try back later this week to try again.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Please, folks...when you've had a week or two with it, please please please report on battery life. I'm not talking about constant-audio/video-streaming battery life, but the frequent-use-of-facebook-texting-email-words-with-friends-and-other-similar-uses battery life. If this is something I'll have to plug in at lunchtime every day, I may just throw in the towel and go iPhone. Battery life is very frustrating for me! I unplugged my NS4G this morning at 7am and was down to 29% at 10 o'clock! It shouldn't be this way!
    That's not right unless u got a bad unit or something is stating the battery in the background becuz I had the ns4g and while the battery wasn't awesome it lasted more than 3 hours I used to get like 8 or 9 hours on a charge

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

I tried to buy one off contract and got denied because they said there where for new customers only. Anyone know the rule to what until the stores let you buy one off contract. I know, I know but it on the web, sure but I'm very cautious of buying things on the web.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Tjanka View Post
    I tried to buy one off contract and got denied because they said there where for new customers only. Anyone know the rule to what until the stores let you buy one off contract. I know, I know but it on the web, sure but I'm very cautious of buying things on the web.
    Was this at a Sprint store or Best Buy? I know at a corporate Sprint store that should not be the case. All that is required is that you activate the phone in store before you can leave with it.
    Thanked by:
    Tjanka 

This was at a sprint store which really shocked me. It may not be a corporate store, I should look into that.
    Thanks for the info.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Tjanka View Post
    This was at a sprint store which really shocked me. It may not be a corporate store, I should look into that.
    Thanks for the info.
    Best way to tell is look at the front door, if there is a company name on the glass such as wireless lifestyle then it is 3rd party. Corporate stores do not have that.