Please Report Battery Life -- LG Optimus G AT&T and Sprint models

ImGreen

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Please report your experience regarding battery life... also include model type AT&T or Sprint... include any tips you feel worked for you...

Mramos860

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
It took a few battery run downs to 0 and full charges maybe about 4 days worth in order to get my battery life up to par with the reviews I read. At first the battery life sucked I was dropping down fast just in sleep mode, but after about a week later since I got it the battery last me about a whole day with medium usage

steev89

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
At&t Sorry forgot to mention that bit, that was moderate use txting, checking emails, browsing the internet a bit and facebook maybe 1 or 2 short calls.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
At&t Sorry forgot to mention that bit, that was moderate use txting, checking emails, browsing the internet a bit and facebook maybe 1 or 2 short calls.

Thanks.
I'm curious if there's a difference between the GSM and CDMA phones when it comes to battery life. When I first got my NS4G, one of the issues that sparked a lot of comments and complaints was the signal issues and from that discussion I seem to recall there being a mention of CDMA phones requiring more power. It's been a long time, so I don't know if I am recalling it correctly. I'd love to know if there truly is a noticeable difference or if they ought to be roughly equal.

Mark Krebs1

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Please report your experience regarding battery life... also include model type AT&T or Sprint... include any tips you feel worked for you...
I had a Samsung Galaxy 3, and the battery life was OK, but it kept losing my calendar appointments, so I swapped for an LG Optimus G. The LG has a really bad battery life. Much worse than the Samsung. I read books on it and I can watch the battery percent drain as I'm reading. It loses about 10% every 30 to 45 minutes. I'm hoping that someone comes out with a "juice-pack" battery/case like you can buy for other phones.

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the LG-LS970 from Sprint. I picked it up the first day it was available. I have had some problems with it rebooting, but battery life has never been an issue. My battery typically last all day with fairly heavy use. I am not in an lte area though, which can hurt battery life.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The lte myth is only that now a myth with the new sprint lte models. Only my phone and the viper has duel radios which consumes more battery not lte itself.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

jas2743

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I get 8-12 hours usually. Not bad in my opinion. I turned off LTE since its not in my area. Brightness on 100% all day and don't use eco mode. Moderate use. I'm surprised by how much I hear people say the battery life is awful. Good luck everyone. Its the sprint version btw.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

sk1win

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I get 8-12 hours usually. Not bad in my opinion. I turned off LTE since its not in my area. Brightness on 100% all day and don't use eco mode. Moderate use. I'm surprised by how much I hear people say the battery life is awful. Good luck everyone. Its the sprint version btw.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Completely agree with Jas. I get all day battery life with no Eco mode, brightness at 75%. I also turned off LTE. When I do need to charge it, it charges very quickly. This phone is a horse and I can't wait for this phone to get JB.

tuckerman725

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It has been on for 8 hours and still have 74%...mind you pretty much on standby. but was using it exclusively this previous weekend in 4G only and routinely got a whole day out it with ~25% left at the end of the day. This is the AT&T version with stock ICS, non-live wallpaper and auto-brightness on.

megamaster5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Please Report Battery Life -- LG Optimus G AT&T and Sprint models

I get about 12 hours daily with heavy texting, Facebook, twitter and email sync. Occasional videos. Snapchat sometimes. No complaints :)

- - - Updated - - -

I get about 12 hours daily with heavy texting, Facebook, twitter and email sync. Occasional videos. Snapchat sometimes. No complaints :)

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

I have an AT&T version of the LGOG and when I first got the phone, my battery life was terrible. I did a factory reset and immediately disabled all bloatware that I did not want running on my phone. I also put the FD toggle app on my phone.

Now, I can go 16-17 hours and still have 40-60% left, that is with 1-2 hours of screen time, 1.5 hours of Bluetooth, some audio Bluetooth streaming, 30 minutes or so of voice calls, web browsing, some light gaming, email, wifi on for 7 hours, etc.

It is not quite as good as the Motorola Atrix 4G that it replaces, but the LGOG is a very fast phone and the 4G LTE speed is awesome.

DroidZilla

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

The battery life for me is almost ten-fold of what my former Optimus S was... and that had a 3600mah extended battery. I can get the battery in my Optimus G (Sprint) to last between 1 full day (minimum) to 2 full days with regular use. That is with power saver turned on for when it drops below 30%, WiFi (on all the time), and regular use - including all kinds of games (heavy graphics and not), GMail, texting and bluetooth.

georgetanner

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm averaging over a day. This is the first phone where I can forget to charge over night and not have a dead phone in the morning.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359209708919.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359209708919.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 126

Mes3

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Streaming music over bluetooth kills the battery. I wanna say around 12-15% an hour. Luckily the range is quite good, so I can keep it plugged in while at work.

But...

Google messed up the bluetooth drivers in 4.1.2 and the sound isn't very good (lots of high end distortion). I'm using a LG HB703+ headset, btw.

This past weekend I managed 36 hours (4hrs of screen time) and the battery was still at 20%. I couldn't believe it. That was a mix of WiFi and good LTE coverage.