Optimus G bad Launch?

vertebra

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I have been watching this phone for some time. It looked better in person than the pics and is very fast. The first thing I noticed, all the salespeople in Sprint were wearing Optimus G shirts. They had 2 working displays in store. That being said, I saw no one else playing with the G while I was waiting and I asked my saleswoman while she was activating mine how many were sold and she said I was the first all day(about 5pm on 11/11/12 Launch day). Not sure if Sammy just has it locked up, LG has a bad rep, people waiting for the Nexus 4 or poor advertising but I am surprised these superphones are not moving.

PS, I love mine

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
There has been next to no advertising for this phone. Speaking as a sales rep at Sprint there has been very little pushing of this device. Which is sad because its an awesome device and I plan on getting it. But it seems like their focus is on the iPhone and GS3. The EVO is back there as well but LG has never been a brand Sprint pushed very hard. I think its a definite missed opportunity because this phone is pretty slick.

king5697#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
To make things even worse, a lot of stores didn't even have the phone in stock, before the weekend. I tried to get one before Sunday in Oklahoma City and most of the stores didn't receive any before Sundays release date.

kobedabest

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Went into my sprint store to check out the Optimus G, and Note 2. They had none on display or any marketing for it. When I ask can I see one, the sales lady told me they were sold out. So I guess it's selling pretty well, or maybe they got low stock of them.

X0LARIUM

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to barge in but that's what Samsung is doing..even here in India. No matter where u go, the name Samsung is practically plastered across the city...malls, restaurants, shops, TV programmes...etc.
Just bloody hate Samsung.

Sent from my RaZr HD.

bobby james

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I got mine at Best Buy. It wasn't even out on display, I had to ask for it. I love it though, the screen is great (even better than the One X) and it's really fast. Now all it needs is Jelly Bean.

DwayneWood

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Funny, I had the opposite experience. At a Sprint store, I went in for the SG3 and was talked into the Optimus G, even without Jelly bean. The store had one on display, but with no signage. This was on 11/11. So far, I am happy with the phone, but I do hope for a 4.1 upgrade sooner rather than later.

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Traded my jellybean galaxy nexus on this beast,I have no regrets!:D

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital