- 11-23-2012, 04:14 AM #2
- 11-23-2012, 10:31 AM #3
- 09-09-2013, 07:58 AM #6
- 10-03-2013, 11:37 PM #7
Re: Anyone Using An MHL Cable With Ther Optimus g?
Here are a few things to consider:
A) Make sure MHL adapter charges phone while you are using it as an input source otherwise the whole exercise is pointless as the phone battery will drain rapidly.
B) Purchase an MHL cable adapter that has RCP capabilities. Some TVs recognize CEC-HDMI (AnyNet+). If Yes, this allows your TV's remote to Play/Stop FF, RW and Select items from your Phone. My MHL adapter was about $10 (I have Amazon Prime so shipping was free and fast.) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...idcentral00-20
C) Connect the MHL adapter in a proper sequence. The above adapter has three connections:
- mini USB jack (on the side ) - connects power source (phone charger)
- mini USB dongle - connects to the phone
- HDMI jack - connects MHL adapter to TV with an HDMI cable
I connect in the above order, then acquire/search for MHL source on TV
D) Make sure your power source connects to a wall outlet as opposed to a PC or TV USB port. Often these ports do not have enough current (Amperage.) I can't remember min to avoid think its about 1.0A. A PC or a TV USB port are unlikely to provide enough current so use the wall.
E) You need to make sure that the TV's specific HDMI input is properly configured. I have a Samsung LN40B650 with lots of input sources but I only use HDMI. If you dig around on various Audio/Video forums ( for example) you'll learn that each input source has their own unique settings. Its been a very long while, however, as I recall, stay away from the HDMI/DVI port as the settings are limited given the dual nature of the port (HDMI or DVI):
- HDMI1/DVI (Camcorder)
- HDMI2 (Cable STB/DVR)
- HDMI3 (Blu Ray Player)
- HDMI4 (PC/PHONE)
(value) indicates my specific input source usage
F) Make sure your TVs settings for AnyNet+ are properly set to Auto recognize CEC devices. Samsung keeps changing these names and menu locations and this maybe called something else on another Brand but the point here is that it is not just the MHL adapter that needs to be considered for things to work properly.
Last edited by bdeustis; 10-04-2013 at 12:02 AM.
- By MustangDan74 in forum Verizon HTC RezoundReplies: 14Last Post: 01-15-2012, 10:44 PM
- By Badgun in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 3Last Post: 01-10-2012, 05:18 PM
- By tjp888 in forum AT&T ATRIXReplies: 8Last Post: 12-07-2011, 06:34 PM
- By flashpiti in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 2Last Post: 04-05-2011, 03:38 PM
- By Ed_H in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 16Last Post: 10-17-2010, 10:33 PM