Optimus G now $99.99 at Best Buy (Sprint & AT&T)

Kiserai

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI for anybody who's considering this phone. At $200 this is a great phone, but at $99.99 this phone is a steal.

If you're thinking about it, go quickly. The guy I talked to at Best Buy said they've been impossible to keep in stock since the price drop, which is kinda good because it means they're selling and hopefully we should see some cases/accessories start popping up soon.

Also, anybody who's still within their buyer's remorse period should inquire about getting the difference refunded to them. I paid $200 for mine the day before the price dropped, and I went in today with my receipt and they were happy to price match the new price. Refunded the 100.00 and tax back onto my credit card in about 5 minutes (which would have taken 3 if we didn't have to wait for a manager override).

I hope this helps somebody.

SolidCim

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up! Was debating on getting this vs waiting for the next batch of Nexus 4's... think I'm gonna jump on this deal.

Kiserai

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Only the ATT version was $99 at my bestbuy

Somebody messed up then. If you check the website you'll see both listed for $99.99 with a new contract, and my store had the prices updated on both display models. I would go back if you're interested and point out their mistake, or to get your refund if you just bought one.

Evilgoose

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if this would work if I bought mine earlier and already upgraded from a different store (Sam's). I went ahead and got it from them since it was $149.97 from them, but seeing this makes me a little upset that I didn't wait just a few days longer (literally got this thing on Monday). Would I be able to actually get Sam's to pay me the difference? If they didn't, could I send back my phone and get this deal even though my plan has already been renewed? I'm a little confused on this and would like some insight if anyone knows the answers. Saving a couple extra bucks never hurt, right? =-P

Kiserai

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Most times when you get a phone like this you have a buyer's remorse period. You can send the phone back and they'll usually only charge you small restocking fee, if they charge you anything at all. I doubt they would pay you the difference, though. You'd have to get a full refund and then take that money to Best Buy or anywhere else that's currently selling it for $99, so you'll have to decide if the hassle is worth the 50 bucks or so.

PablofromCA

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Got one at BB for $99 and a phone freedom discount for $50 so it was $49 total plus tax.
I was going to get a Nexus 4 but I'm on Sprint and they just rolled out 4g in my area and after
using it for a week it would be a shame to run this beast on 3G only.

Evilgoose

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Most times when you get a phone like this you have a buyer's remorse period. You can send the phone back and they'll usually only charge you small restocking fee, if they charge you anything at all. I doubt they would pay you the difference, though. You'd have to get a full refund and then take that money to Best Buy or anywhere else that's currently selling it for $99, so you'll have to decide if the hassle is worth the 50 bucks or so.
But would I be able to get the deal since it requires that I upgrade through Bestbuy and I already upgraded through Sam's. I'm guessing it won't work but if anyone knows the answer I'd appreciate it. $50 seems worth it to me hehe. =-P

Kiserai

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
But would I be able to get the deal since it requires that I upgrade through Bestbuy and I already upgraded through Sam's. I'm guessing it won't work but if anyone knows the answer I'd appreciate it. $50 seems worth it to me hehe. =-P

Returning the phone would void your contract renewal, thus allowing you to renew your contract and get another discounted phone through Best Buy. It might take some work and a few phone calls to AT&T customer service just in case everything doesn't cancel out the way it should when you return it to Sam's, but it would work.

jdhamblin

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The sale ended on Saturday night. It was in last weeks flyer. I picked one up on Saturday and am really enjoying it. I came from a Nexus S 4g and obviously this blows that away.

mikereno1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The sale ended on Saturday night. It was in last weeks flyer. I picked one up on Saturday and am really enjoying it. I came from a Nexus S 4g and obviously this blows that away.

Any chance you have that flyer? I can get a price match through my credit card but need to send them a copy of the ad saying $99.99 for Sprint.

jdhamblin

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
ty5a3ege.jpg

Found it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

rodericg

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You just have to make sure SAMs club reversed your upgrade when returned the phone. If they did you will be good to go at bestbuy to upgrade again. You may already have this resolved.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
They had the price posted as 99 on the display it rang up as 199 but they changed it at the register. I guess I got lucky
Edit
I know they removed the sign when I was buying the phone a manager had to change the price