Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    The Base .5

Default Optimus G now $99.99 at Best Buy (Sprint & AT&T)

Just an FYI for anybody who's considering this phone. At $200 this is a great phone, but at $99.99 this phone is a steal.

If you're thinking about it, go quickly. The guy I talked to at Best Buy said they've been impossible to keep in stock since the price drop, which is kinda good because it means they're selling and hopefully we should see some cases/accessories start popping up soon.

Also, anybody who's still within their buyer's remorse period should inquire about getting the difference refunded to them. I paid $200 for mine the day before the price dropped, and I went in today with my receipt and they were happy to price match the new price. Refunded the 100.00 and tax back onto my credit card in about 5 minutes (which would have taken 3 if we didn't have to wait for a manager override).

I hope this helps somebody.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default Re: Optimus G now $99.99 at Best Buy (Sprint & AT&T)

Only the ATT version was $99 at my bestbuy

Thanks for the heads up! Was debating on getting this vs waiting for the next batch of Nexus 4's... think I'm gonna jump on this deal.

Wife and I got ours at Best Buy - last two in the store.
    The phone is awesome but at that price it's even more awesome.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    The Base .5

Quote Originally Posted by mikereno1 View Post
    Only the ATT version was $99 at my bestbuy
    Somebody messed up then. If you check the website you'll see both listed for $99.99 with a new contract, and my store had the prices updated on both display models. I would go back if you're interested and point out their mistake, or to get your refund if you just bought one.

ROM
    gROM

I was wondering if this would work if I bought mine earlier and already upgraded from a different store (Sam's). I went ahead and got it from them since it was $149.97 from them, but seeing this makes me a little upset that I didn't wait just a few days longer (literally got this thing on Monday). Would I be able to actually get Sam's to pay me the difference? If they didn't, could I send back my phone and get this deal even though my plan has already been renewed? I'm a little confused on this and would like some insight if anyone knows the answers. Saving a couple extra bucks never hurt, right? =-P
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    The Base .5

Most times when you get a phone like this you have a buyer's remorse period. You can send the phone back and they'll usually only charge you small restocking fee, if they charge you anything at all. I doubt they would pay you the difference, though. You'd have to get a full refund and then take that money to Best Buy or anywhere else that's currently selling it for $99, so you'll have to decide if the hassle is worth the 50 bucks or so.

Talking Re: Optimus G now $99.99 at Best Buy (Sprint & AT&T)

Got one at BB for $99 and a phone freedom discount for $50 so it was $49 total plus tax.
    I was going to get a Nexus 4 but I'm on Sprint and they just rolled out 4g in my area and after
    using it for a week it would be a shame to run this beast on 3G only.

ROM
    gROM

Quote Originally Posted by Kiserai View Post
    Most times when you get a phone like this you have a buyer's remorse period. You can send the phone back and they'll usually only charge you small restocking fee, if they charge you anything at all. I doubt they would pay you the difference, though. You'd have to get a full refund and then take that money to Best Buy or anywhere else that's currently selling it for $99, so you'll have to decide if the hassle is worth the 50 bucks or so.
    But would I be able to get the deal since it requires that I upgrade through Bestbuy and I already upgraded through Sam's. I'm guessing it won't work but if anyone knows the answer I'd appreciate it. $50 seems worth it to me hehe. =-P
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    The Base .5

Quote Originally Posted by Evilgoose View Post
    But would I be able to get the deal since it requires that I upgrade through Bestbuy and I already upgraded through Sam's. I'm guessing it won't work but if anyone knows the answer I'd appreciate it. $50 seems worth it to me hehe. =-P
    Returning the phone would void your contract renewal, thus allowing you to renew your contract and get another discounted phone through Best Buy. It might take some work and a few phone calls to AT&T customer service just in case everything doesn't cancel out the way it should when you return it to Sam's, but it would work.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Does anyone have a screenshot of the $99 from Best Buy? It is still $199 at my local bestbuy for Sprint and now the website is also $199

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

The sale ended on Saturday night. It was in last weeks flyer. I picked one up on Saturday and am really enjoying it. I came from a Nexus S 4g and obviously this blows that away.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffham View Post
    The sale ended on Saturday night. It was in last weeks flyer. I picked one up on Saturday and am really enjoying it. I came from a Nexus S 4g and obviously this blows that away.
    Any chance you have that flyer? I can get a price match through my credit card but need to send them a copy of the ad saying $99.99 for Sprint.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Found it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

It was $199 today at AT&T.

You just have to make sure SAMs club reversed your upgrade when returned the phone. If they did you will be good to go at bestbuy to upgrade again. You may already have this resolved.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Just got mine today from bestbuy this phone is a steal at 99 bucks
    Rooted for life

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    Just got mine today from bestbuy this phone is a steal at 99 bucks
    How were you still able to get that deal?
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

They had the price posted as 99 on the display it rang up as 199 but they changed it at the register. I guess I got lucky
    Edit
    I know they removed the sign when I was buying the phone a manager had to change the price
    Rooted for life
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Just looked at the Sunday paper and best buy still gas the lgog listed for 99 on Sprint and at&t
    Rooted for life

I was on the best buy website last night and its still has the LGOG for $99

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

I just got my Sprint version of the Optimus G the other day... Great phone!

For this price, get it! This is a beast of a phone! Going from a rooted Optimus S to the G and I couldn't be happier. I pretty much milked all I could from the S which is a great phone in its own right.
    Picked mine up about 3 days ago on the Sprint network, rooted the sucker and I am ready for the next generation of power.
    Warlord721 likes this.

I made the switch sold my SGS3 for 400 and bought this for 99 made 300 in profit

from my Nexus7 while my Optimus rests

Amazon has it for $49.00 with a new line of service.$149.00 upgrade or add a line

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast