AT&T LG OPTIMUS G OWNERS... I need your help... please!

Mr SandMan

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
How is this phone working for you? I am an Windows Phone user, but decided that I will jump ship. After two yrs with WP7/7.5., I had enough!

O.k. So, this phone is $99 on AMAZON right now, but I still have a year left on my contract. I was thinking of adding another line (for the Optimus) and then cancelling my previous line. I called AT&T but they were closed (I was thinking they were probably open like some of the stores right now).

Now, would any of you know if the ETF is still $350 after a year, or half? Since I already have a year into my contract; Is the phone worth the ETF? Seriously, I want to leave WP asap, and right now is the perfect time (black friday deals).

I REALLY wanted the Nexus 4, but we do not know when this will be in stock again! I'm a very impatient man (I was about to BIN on ebay for $600, but decided to come here and ask you fine folks about this device) I've been doing some research and it's gotten some good reviews. They're saying it's almost like the Nexus 4. So, this will be the closest to stock Android (I hate bloatware and heavy skins... this is the reason I'm skipping the SGS3 & HTC ONE X+)

Anywho, how is the phone working for you? Battery life?

Thanks guys and I really appreciate your help.

Happy Thanksgiving.

megamaster5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure your ETF is still over 200 dollars. Probably around 230, I think it goes down 10 per month. If your Windows phone is worth something, sell it to offset some of that cost. This phone is definitly worth it, I just have the Sprint variant. But, in total this will cost you above 300 dollars if your current phone is not worth a lot. Anywho, definitely consider it. Amazon will probably keep it at $99, even after Black Friday. They've had it for that price for over a week now.

And if software is the issue, you could always root and flash a rom over.

Mr SandMan

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! As long as my ETF is not over $400. I can live with $250 (etf) + $99 (phone, $350 exactly what the N4 is going for). I was gonna borrow some $ just to get the N4, but decided to check this out first. I think I will wait it out for tomorrow morning. I'm crossing my fingers that hopefully the N4 will magically be in stock tonight. If not, oh well... I can live with this phone.
As for my Windows Phone. I have a Samsung Focus S. Not really worth crap. But thank god there is a guy who will take it for some tattoo work. So, it's a win-win for me.
Thanks again.. I appreciated your feedback.

megamaster5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
No problem man. N4 definitely will not be in stock :/ I'd order it from Amazon on Monday so you don't end up waiting all weekend for nothing you know? It won't ship till Monday (unless you order before Noon!) Good luck! Let me know if you like it :)

Chad Bankston

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I have had my optimus g for almost two weeks. this is my first android phone. I have always had an iPhone. I just wanted something different. I couldn't be happier with the phone. The battery. Wasn't very good at first but after a few charges it increased a lot. The screen is nice,the camera is decent, I haven't found anything I didn't like that I couldn't fix with an app like visual voicemail.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Its lightning fast, has amazing display, the features that come with it are unique and actually useful. The camera is 13mp which is awesome but on the optimus screen they look fuzzy sometimes. But its because of the true HD display. Sending the picture to someone else and it'll appear great. It feels sleek and just good to hold onto. Had it for a week and I love it. Its an all around great phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar